AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony VPH 1270 set up and projecting on a 75" screen. I am using the Xbox 360 running at 720p through VGA cable for both games (and dvd's while the HTPC is going through and upgrade / rebuild). I have noticed that on bright or scenes with a lot of white I have a red line that goes through the image (horizontal). Upon closer looking it is there all the time, just more noticeable with a brighter image on screen. It is one of those things where it is not very noticable, but since I noticed it I bothers me a little bit. Thoughts or ideas? I will check tomorrow to see if it is present in the VCR composite connection also.

Thanks.

-Pete

·
Registered
448 Posts
It may be a burn on the green tube!

·
Registered
16 Posts
On the Sony 1000Q i have I had a trim Pot R96 Labeled "Key Cent" if this was adjusted way off it created a red line about 2/3 the way up. I am no expert though, so the advice is probably worth less than you paid for it

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

dav99- I am fairly certain the issue is with the red tube, with no image being displayed but the projector on I can faintly see the line when looking into the red tube. I see nothing similar in the green or blue.

Ronholm- I'll look into my settings again once I get home from work tonight.

Maybe it is time to go through and reset everything and go through the set up and convergence again.

-Pete

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the problem because some how my trim pot was broken. I swapped it with one of the non functional trim pots on the Convergence board. i just checked it again and when it was way out of adjustment it will do what you are talking about.

On my Sony it is on the convergence board but located away from the other controls a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.