AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
From what have read on this forum the 1272 is a newer model with a higher bandwidth, but this will make no difference. Look at the wear and tear on the tubes as a major deciding factor. (Note: They both have 21 point convergence).

·
Registered
355 Posts
Close comparison of a 1271 and 1272 I looked at revealed that the 1272 used 07MSP tubes while the '71 used 07MP. Beam spot on the 1272 was much tighter, even after astig adjustment, which I attributed to the tube difference.

As Frank indicates, pay close attention to tube wear or burn. If they're comparable, go with the 1272, assuming dollars are close.

My .02

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's been a while since I checked, but the 1272's were bringing more at that time.

Here's a link to CRT Cinema that will give you a rough idea.

Here's a link to HammerHead Tech that can serve as an additional reference.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank D
(Note: They both have 21 point convergence).
Do they? According to Projector Specs, the 1270 and 1271have 9-point convergence. That seems to be what I remember, too from the one time I had my 1271 fired up to check it out (it's mothballed waiting for the HT to get finished). That would be a major advantage to the 1272, if ProjSpecs is right.

SC

·
Registered
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ecrabb
Do they? According to Projector Specs, the 1270 and 1271have 9-point convergence. That seems to be what I remember, too from the one time I had my 1271 fired up to check it out (it's mothballed waiting for the HT to get finished). That would be a major advantage to the 1272, if ProjSpecs is right.

SC
Both have 21 point convergence.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BradS
Both have 21 point convergence.
Super-sweet! The ProjectorSpecs page is wrong, and my projector has 21 points of convergence instead of the 9 I thought it had. Thanks for the info! I'm even more excited about my 1271, now.

SC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.