AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my recently purchased sony 1271 mounted it, hooked it up and now it keeps shutting down. At first the tubes went dim and then out but now it won't even stay on for more than 2 seconds and then clicks off. The unit was shipped via truck freight so it had a really rough ride. ANy ideas on the problem, if it is worth fixing, how to go about getting it fixed and the range of repair costs?

·
Registered
125 Posts
First thing is to get the "error code". Two digit LCD display on the inside of the cover, - I think right side from the rear of the unit if it is inverted (mounted on ceiling). Once you know that code, check your manual and you can report back to the forum for suggestions. If you don't have a manual check a couple of web sites like crtcinema.com for dowloads of the manual or search this forum on that code.

Don't give up, probably a loose board or something since you just inverted.

Jim

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the helpful suggetsions, I will look for the manual online.

It powers up and turns off right away and then shows code 20 on the readout.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a service manual for the 1271q and it says that the code 20 means that something is over;oading the power supply either it is internal in the ps, or it is another component.)

Does anyone have advice and or used powersupply etc?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Look up Curt Palme and pm him about a power supply. I think he may have one.

Make sure the fans are all running because this will cause shut down.

- B

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
I think I do have a working one. I'm getting some 1272's in this week so I will for sure.

Give me the part number off yours so I can compare pls.

Thanks!

Curt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.