AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1271 has recently exhibited a "wavy" output on all the signals fed to it: RGB and Video. This is apparent on Low Res, Hi Res, Video and HDTV. I guess it could be called a kind of jitter. However, when using internal test patterns, I can't see the problem. Only when in a source.

The page menu, the source text all exhibit this, but not the internal test patterns. I have unplugged all sources and the problem is still there. Tried to see if it was a ground loop and have the CRT plugged into a Monster Power Conditioner with no change.

Any ideas of what may cause this?

Thanks,

-Alex-

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did a complete reset of the Y board and then a complete reconvergence...still have the wavy output! Could this be a board going bad?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen a few posts from people with a similar problem, but there were never any diagnosis or solutions...anyone with a Sony 12XX know the answer!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem with my 1272. I talked to Sony and one other person who think the connection on one of the large cables is dirty. Sony said it is a large 20 to 30 pin connecter on the end of a large cable that goes from the front left to the rear right of the proj. I know this is vague but that is what they said. I tried this and it didn't work. My projector is being looked at right now by a qualified local repair shop, I will let you know what the problem was if they fix it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I too am suffering from a wavy picture, as is my PJ ;-)

I found a doc that suggested cleaning all of the HV connections as well at that 25-ish pin connector metioned above. No luck. All of my wavering happens on the red so Curt sent me 4 boards for the red. I'm pulling the PJ down this week so I'll change the boards soon and let you know how it goes.

I'm finally moving into the new house and building the HT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.