Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again guys.

I have access to a color measurement device but I really don't know how to go about adjusting a PJ's white balance.

I'm familiar with computer monitors and adjusting them, so I'm not totally ignorant in the department of adjusting CRTs.

Does anybody have a link to a sony manual page(s)outlining this procedure for my projector?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
To adjust the white balance to D56 you use the Gain control for all three guns. Set the G to 75 or so and then try and adjust the B & R so that you are making white.

The Bias adjustment is for the blacker levels, say IRE30 or so.

What you will find is that you may have a perfect D65 for 100 IRE but not as good for 80IRE. You want to try and get that as linear as you can. This is what is known as Grey Scale.

Do a search here for Grey Scale and there are some pretty good writeup. Defocusing B with your electronic focus also helps to make it more linear.

Terry

·
Registered
912 Posts
Seems like someone had a web site that had the manuals in PDF format. www.projectorspecs.com has some but I think they are the installation manuals and not the service. If you find the manuals for the 1271 those procedure should work for the 1272 also. Try searching this forum for the web site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.