AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I have been happily using the following setup: Meridian 598 SDI DVD, Lumagen Vision Pro HDP, Sony 1292 (RGBHV). We're becoming more and more interested in blu-ray but don't want to invest in a digital project yet. And then there's the problem with the scaler's hdcp analog output. What's the best option?

1. blu-ray player without hdcp

2. hdcp removal device

3. hidden menu in the scaler to enable analog output

4. hdmi input card for 1292

5. use component output

6. ?

Does (or will) 1 exist? Is 2 available and will it still work in the future? I like option 3 because it's free, but I doubt I'll find someone that can give me this information. No. 4 is a bit expensive and I read that going though the Lumagen I'll lose the extra color information (dvi). We're currently using option 5 for testing (analog 1080i60) but we want raw 1080p24 converted to 48p or 72p

thanks

· Registered
254 Posts
You left out two other options, DVI card or HTPC with VGA out and TMT which can be done for around 600 USD- BTW I am in the exact same spot. So very timely.

· Registered
23 Posts
I just upgraded my 1292 with a gamma bost hdmi card, works great. I'm selling my DVI card, 16' DVI cable and a geffen 4 x hdmi switcher. which by the way removes any hdcp problems. It is a great set up for a 1292. If interested PM me.

Pete

· Registered
838 Posts
1920 x 1080p looks amazing on a 1292. I was fortunate enough to get Grahm Johnson to stop by while he was visiting California from Australia and dial in my 1292. 1080i looks great - but blu-ray at 1080p is just amazing.

I use a Gefen HDMI to DVI switcher between the Blu-ray player and the projector. For some reason
it seems to handle the HDCP hand shake with the player and not require one from the projector. Do you think I should return it as defective?

The other best options are the HDMI input cards or the HDFury.

Enjoy.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We just installed a 2nd hand Spatz DVIHDCP. We're using the Lumagen HDP to go from 24p to 72p.

I didn't expect that a 10+ year old 1292 would be capable of displaying such a detailed image. Fantastic result

· Registered
1 Posts
I was interested in blue-ray player without hdcp so how we might be interested into that? it surely be nice if you provide to us..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.