AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to crt's, and this may be a standard problem/question. I am trying to converge my projector. It was set up for a 5x7 screen. I am trying to align the 3 cross-hairs. Well I worked with the blue and red and could not get them to converge. They would not center on the green. As they came in closer to the green, they came within a few inches and they both stopped and said "overflow!" What is going on? What does this mean? Can anyone help. Since I am new to crt, please go slow.

George

·
Registered
838 Posts
George,

The 1292 has a mechanical adjustment on the red and blue CRT's. You really need a setup manual to make the convergence much easier. YOu need to loosen one screw and an Allen bolt (or two) to physically move the outer two CRT's so that they converge almost exactly with the green.

Of course, first the green raster should be centered in the CRT and all of the convergence setting should be reset to factor settings. Then mechanically aim the outer CRT's. This way the electronic centering should require very little adjustment (to converge the center of the red and blue on the green). The next step is to mechanically focus each lens using the "H" pattern (one color on at a time). Again - this is all covered in the set up manual.

The first time you do a full convergence, it may take 4 or more hours, but it is well worth the time. Once you do a really good job on a warmed up unit, the touch up convergence may be as little as a couple of minutes every three or four months. Of course, some of us who love messing with these things will find excuses to make minor adjustments more often, but my point is - take your time and do a good job to begin with (may require doing it more than once to get familiar with the job) and it will pay off.

Then you can start working on the hush box you will be needing :)

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.