Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you reset the MG focus to factory settings on a Sony 1292? I have tried:

1.) Enabling service man mode

2.) Selecting MG (G - all)

3.) Pressing the left and right arrow buttons simultaneously

4.) Then pressing the up arrow to reset to previous mode

5.) Repeating the L-R and up arrow sequence to reset to factory setting

but none of the numbers seem to change?

Any advice? Anyone know what the factory pre-set numbers for magnetic focus should be? Or is it different on every machine?

I am trying to clear up a slight green smudge at the center of the image. Mostly visible on a white background. Possibly the dreaded "fungus" (or aluminum deposit), but I can not see it with the lens removed. I hate to drain the fluid for nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While the above resetting did not seem to eliminate the green "smudge" in the center of the image (please don't let it be "fungus"), it did seem to eliminate a faint red, green and blue line that was barely visible near the bottom of the screen whenever I use the RCA DTC100 set top box (OTA).

Again, not sure why or even if this is the correct way to reset the magnetic focus. Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Ed:

I have never tried to reset these to the default settings..

When you are in the service menu and press the MG Focus button the area in the centre lights up which allows you to do the Focus ALL..

You can also adjust the H and V planes seperately..to get at these press the + button below the MG focus button..

My guess is that there would be different values depending on your screen size..

I can post my focus settings when I get home if that helps any..

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John,

I had never thought much about trying to reset the MG focus until I saw the faint green "smudge" on the center of the image. It almost comes out when I adjust the MG focus, but not quite. It may be the dreaded "fungus", but after having the faint line disappear after messing with trying to reset the MG focus, I want to look into it further. The manual seems to imply (God forbid they just come out and tell us how it works:) ) that selecting any setting and pressing the left and right arrow keys simultaneously will give you the option of resetting the setting to a previous and/or factory setting. The message displayed indicates that selecting yes will in fact reset the MG focus, but the numbers do not seem to change?

How is the streaking fix that KBK was working on coming?

Ed

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Are you able to adjust the focus without having to reset the values?

"How is the streaking fix that KBK was working on coming?"

Don't really know..

I bought another 1292 and sent it to Ken do his full blown mods..can't wait to see what he can do with it..

The streaking for me is pretty much a non issue..

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John,

I can adjust the values, but it seems that when you set something to the "factory" preset value - the value should change. Unless, of course, if the values you have selected happen to be the factory preset values. However, no mater what I set them to, they do not change. Maybe I am not doing something right (step listed in first post of this thread)?

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.