Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I got brave last night and reach deep inside to try to follow Guy and Greg Hills focus set up procedure. My 2 pole and 4 pole hadn't been moved from the factory and I had to break the seal. But I am not sure what to turn and how ? Can someone make this clear ? are there two adjustment rings per ? Is one ring fixed and one moves ? Help

David

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
David,

There are two rings for the 2 pole and two rings for the 4 pole, all move (and must be moved) independently.

Chuck

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
HI,

Have you rotated the electronic focus controls to verify an adjustment is needed. The factory settings may be closer than you will get on your first try at this adjustment. Although the adjustment is well documented and can be understood compleatly I find it takes some skill to do it properly. I have made this adjustment more than once on my 1271 and I still think I could get better at it.

Of course adjusting the electronic focus of the blue voids it's factory setting and alters your greyscale so if you haven't done that already and you think your greyscale is good you may want to mark the position of the little knob with some white out or similar small dab of paint so you can re-set it back to it's original position if needed.

Good Luck,

Brian

·
Registered
640 Posts
I set mine to the dot pattern and then turned the electronic focus to form a halo around the dots. Then I used the the magnets to make the halo circular. I then used the other pole to make the halo equally bright all the way around the dot.

Does that sound like the appropriate procedure? I tried doing the adjustment of the flare in the line pattern but I wasn't sure what I was looking for.

I still have focus problems though. When I display the Windows desktop, the left portion of my screen is out of focus. "My Computer" and "Network Neighborhood" are not sharp. The center of the screen is very sharp.

Also, I still cannot distinquish the dots in the H pattern on the blue tube.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply , I have a 1270 and I have been only able to rotate one of the rings on each. I have not touched my blue and I think I will leave it alone. When I rotate the green focus ring the image moves around , what is that ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.