AVS Forum banner

481 - 500 of 2919 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
It would seem that since all sizes of the x850b, except the 70 inch, are ISP panels, then all sizes of the x850c, ecxept the 75 inch, will also be ISP panels. Unless Sony buying from a different supplier which seems unlikely.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
It would seem that since all sizes of the x850b, except the 70 inch, are ISP panels, then all sizes of the x850c, ecxept the 75 inch, will also be ISP panels. Unless Sony buying from a different supplier which seems unlikely.
sony has mixed up their model numbers this year. the 850c will be VA while the 900c will be IPS. the 930c is VA. basically, the 900c is the predicessor of the 850b, and the 930c is the predicessor of the 900b.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
sony has mixed up their model numbers this year. the 850c will be VA while the 900c will be IPS. the 930c is VA. basically, the 900c is the predicessor of the 850b, and the 930c is the predicessor of the 900b.
I think that it is more like the 850c is the successor to the 850b, the 930/940c are the successors to the 900b and the 900/910c is a new model which is ultra-thin.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
I think that it is more like the 850c is the successor to the 850b, the 930/940c are the successors to the 900b and the 900/910c is a new model which is ultra-thin.

even though the 850b and 850c share the first 3 digits of the model number, the closer relative is the 900c. the 850c is actually a new model because its a VA panel without speakers.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Sony does a very good job of confusing the game. I don't really see the x850c, which at least the 75x850c is direct lit, being the successor to the x850b's were all edge lit frame dimming. I don't remember if Sony ever made a LED direct lit before but if they did it was a long time ago. Now FALD is a different animal, but direct lit non dimming is unique and the real " new model".

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Source??!?

I think you mean successor not predecessor.

thanks. i knew it sounded "wrong" but couldnt put my finger on it!

as for the source, multiple sites have the 850c listed as active 3d, and also, a member here a few days ago posted a spec page, listing VA for the 850c and IPS for the 900c. its a few pages back I believe.

·
Registered
839 Posts
multiple sites have the 850c listed as active 3d
Including Sony. I don't think that's dispositive. E.g.,
…Most IPS are used for passive 3D whilst VA for active 3D, however Sony were using some VA for passive 3D in their top of the line models.
…The question you are asking is really whether passive 3D (generally IPS) creates a better 3D result than active 3D (generally VA)…
a member here a few days ago posted a spec page, listing VA for the 850c and IPS for the 900c.
Yes.
This is the website I saw it from... Not sure if it's a loyal or not... But I is very interesting though...

http://ledtv-usa.blogspot.com.es/2015/03/sony-x850c-5k-2015-recommended.html

This website also say what the differences are between the X850C vs X830C

http://ledtv-usa.blogspot.com.es/2015/04/difference-between-sony-x830c-and-x850c.html

Says the X850C uses a Va panel & the X830C uses a IPS panel...
But I'm really struggling with accepting ledtv-usa.blogspot.com.es as definitive when they seem to be the only site reporting it. They look like they are just spewing ads wrapped around some no-value-add content.

·
Registered
206 Posts
On Sony's website for Italy they have a promotion giving a five year warranty on these sets for 0.01 Euros instead of 299.99. The sets are more expensive there, however as the X93C 55" set is 3,499 euros, the X93C 65" set is 4,498.99 euros and the X94C 75" set (KD-75X9405C) is 8,999.00 euros. All have that special offer on the warranty when bought directly from Sony. They also are making the same warranty offer in other European countries including the UK in which the 75" set is priced at 7,499.00 Pounds.

·
Registered
92 Posts
sony store usa has x850c x930c ship date 5/8

x940c ship date 5/29

I will get my replacement tv x850c hopefully.

10% off with EPP available

·
Banned
830 Posts
sony store usa has x850c x930c ship date 5/8

x940c ship date 5/29

I will get my replacement tv x850c hopefully.

10% off with EPP available
850C is backordered now on the site. Sony is in their consumer testing stage to find out how many people are trying to order this model.

However, Amazon has it available on 5/22

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
850C is backordered now on the site. Sony is in their consumer testing stage to find out how many people are trying to order this model.

However, Amazon has it available on 5/22
Sony marks their preorders as backordered since they do not physically have the stock to ship. The estimated ship date on the 850Cs is 05-08-2015.

Backordered Estimated Ship Date 05-08-2015

The estimated shipping date on your order will periodically change. The date fluctuates as they receive stock and try to charge orders before yours. If the charges are declined they process the next order and your estimated date will update.

I went through all of this last year ordering the 900B.

·
Banned
830 Posts
Sony marks their preorders as backordered since they do not physically have the stock to ship. The estimated ship date on the 850Cs is 05-08-2015.

The estimated shipping date on your order will periodically change. The date fluctuates as they receive stock and try to charge orders before yours. If the charges are declined they process the next order and your estimated date will update.

I went through all of this last year ordering the 900B.
Oh I see. Thanks. So only 2 weeks away. I hope they review it soon. I would like to see a full review first before anything. However, I may wait for Independence Day sales. Maybe save $500 bucks, even though I will be buying from an online source. who knows. But I do not think I can wait that long.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Oh I see. Thanks. So only 2 weeks away. I hope they review it soon. I would like to see a full review first before anything. However, I may wait for Independence Day sales. Maybe save $500 bucks, even though I will be buying from an online source. who knows. But I do not think I can wait that long.
Same here. I want to order the 930 & 940 today but the right thing to do is wait and purchase it in the Sony retail store. To help an employee make commission and credit for the sale.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Same here. I want to order the 930 & 940 today but the right thing to do is wait and purchase it in the Sony retail store. To help an employee make commission and credit for the sale.
I'm looking at getting an 75" X850C soon. Do employees in the store price match generally? I tend to only buy online but would buy from a store if I could get a better deal..

·
Banned
830 Posts
You are a good lad. Damn you lucky though, you get that discount. I probably get the 940 as well but I just can't spent 9K on a 4K tv :confused: but I know once it is in my apt. I will be like :eek: :D

However, online retailer employees make a commission as well, at least where I buy from.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
You are a good lad. Damn you lucky though, you get that discount. I probably get the 940 as well but I just can't spent 9K on a 4K tv :confused: but I know once it is in my apt. I will be like :eek: :D

However, online retailer employees make a commission as well, at least where I buy from.
You have no idea how often I called and bugged the retail store asking for when they will get stock. :p The least I can do is buy in store.

It's fun to shop in the retail store. I can demos stuff while I'm there and get the entire shipping experience. Plus I don't trust anyone else delivering my TVs and carrying them up 3 flights of stairs.

Last year Sony sent a single 90 pound wet delivery guy to deliver the 55" 4K for my bedroom. I said you need help with that? He said no I got it. I said no! You don't! And insisted helping to carry it. :mad:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I'm looking at getting an 75" X850C soon. Do employees in the store price match generally? I tend to only buy online but would buy from a store if I could get a better deal..
Yes they price match local.

481 - 500 of 2919 Posts