AVS Forum banner

781 - 800 of 2919 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
And it gets even weirder. They are offering the yet unannounced XBR-55X900C for $2299.99 as well as the rest of the entire 2015 lineup.
Could be a typo who knows:confused:

http://www.abt.com/product/91089/Sony-XBR55X900C.html

It should be noted that ABT is an 'authorized Sony retailer'
Hmmm...authorized sony dealer but why would Sony let Abt and no other distribution partner cut $600. Maybe Abt is willing to let their margin be extremely thin but still..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmm...authorized sony dealer but why would Sony let Abt and no other distribution partner cut $600. Maybe Abt is willing to let their margin be extremely thin but still..
It is possible that vendors are permitted a lower price point, but are keeping at MSRP in the short term to make it easier to clear out their existing inventory at which point they will lower the price.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
... Or perhaps the price is flat wrong. Has anyone called them to confirm the price?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Abt.'s price on the Sony xbr-65X850c, at $2,599, is most certainly not wrong. I have a down payment on this brand-new in-the-box American warranty unit at this price. As well, as I said my local dealer is selling the 850c at that price point, and they are well-known for their higher prices, being a specialty A/V store.

Really, this price isn't hard to figure out. The 850c is the competitor to Samsung's JU models, and look at how economically priced they are. The 850c couldn't afford to be much higher priced than the 7100/7500.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Abt.'s price on the Sony xbr-65X850c, at $2,599, is most certainly not wrong. I have a down payment on this brand-new in-the-box American warranty unit at this price. As well, as I said my local dealer is selling the 850c at that price point, and they are well-known for their higher prices, being a specialty A/V store.

Really, this price isn't hard to figure out. The 850c is the competitor to Samsung's JU models, and look at how economically priced they are. The 850c couldn't afford to be much higher priced than the 7100/7500.
What price do they have the 930C at?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I couldn't hold it and pulled the trigger by pre ordering the XBR 55X900C with ABT I even got a $25 discount. For this amount of money I will not feel bad to buy another one in a year or two. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
65" 930 is $3999.

I'm in the market for a 55 850c and to me when you put it against the 7100 it's a decisive winner. So I'm stoked if other retailers soon follow Abts prices. Only other option would be to pay $1000 more for the js8500 but I can't see it being worth that much more..maybe if the 850c didn't come with triluminous. Both 55s are VA and edge lit

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
This is build week I'm about to watch some more conferences right now.. Basically windows 10 is one system scable across.. Windows phone will be able to complete cpu task office etc full windows you can turn ur phone into a pc hook it up to a TV with mouse and keyboard.. Xbox has said from start it would support 4k comes with 4k high speed cable..
Few things. First, everyone I know got the invite to be a beta tester for new Xbox dashboards, and also easily signed up for the windows insider program, including me. Secondly, whether the Xbox one will "support" 4K is completely irrelevant. The only things you would be able to do are view the dashboard in 4k, and watch streaming services in 4K (useless considering all new 4k television will have those apps built in). As far as gaming the Xbox one can hardly handle 1080p at 30fps on low to mid graphics presets in most games, 4k is a far away fantasy land. Third, no such thing as a 4k HDMI cable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My guess is the big boxes keep the price at MSRP until memorial day weekend and use that as an excuse to discount down, they did that last year on the 70x850b

·
Registered
61 Posts
65" 930 is $3999.

I'm in the market for a 55 850c and to me when you put it against the 7100 it's a decisive winner. So I'm stoked if other retailers soon follow Abts prices. Only other option would be to pay $1000 more for the js8500 but I can't see it being worth that much more..maybe if the 850c didn't come with triluminous. Both 55s are VA and edge lit
Just curious what makes you say it is a decisive winner over the 7100?

·
Banned
830 Posts
Ok guys. I already told you last week that Abt has the 75X850C for $4,499. And yes they are for real. The 75X850C retails for $4,999.99 at BB and Crutchfield and B&H and others because they are B&M shops who have to pay a huge overhead. Abt is not. The 55" Sony that is in my living room now is from Abt in 2013 and I paid about $1000 off the retail price. How? by 1) Abt is not a B&M; 2) be prepared to buy at that time; 3) the TV was already out for about 6 months; and 4) know how to talk to a telephone salesman and make a deal. Oh yea, and free delivery and no taxes.

I called Abt in February, 2015 about the 70X850B and it was selling retail at $3,999 at BB and every were else. Abt offered it to me for $3,200 with and additional $50 return customer bonus.

So yes, Abt is real that is where I am purchasing my new 75X850C. I called them today about when they are getting the 75X850C in, she said she will call me back. Damn and I just ignored a unknown call while typing this, it was probably her. :(

·
Banned
830 Posts
You have a down payment on one from Abt?

·
Banned
830 Posts
I know what you mean and it is true. A movie shot in HDR will be seen the same way on a 2015 or 2010 TV set . The HDR "decoding" makes sense if an existing movie is re-mastered in order to improve contrast and brightness. My understanding is that re-mastering means the inclusion of metadata and therefore must be decoded. If I use my still camera and shoot a picture in HDR it will be viewed the same way on my 5 years old monitor or on any 2015 TV/Monitor. What puzzles me, however, is what kind of movies will indeed contain the metadata that requires decoding.
Well, there is only one way to find out the answer and that is to wait another 2 years. I'll pass. Video happens so quickly in movies I cannot even enjoy any background views unless i paused the movie every other scene. HDR is over hyped and is something that should be included in a TV not extra. What 1 or 2 TV have it in their lineup? SMFH...

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
So does that mean they are going to be selling a new Xbox One that has a UHD blu-ray player in it? I didn't read the article yet.
I am sure the Sony has a BD-XL drive in it that can already read 4 layer 128GB BDXL disc. I think the Xbox One can do the same. Maybe a firmware upgrade will make the compatible with U-Ray dual layer 66GB and triple layer 100GB.

·
Banned
830 Posts
All windows 10 devices. Xbox One get windows 10 update in the summer. I am also in the preview program for Xbox one so I will get it early to test out.. Hence the picture. Windows 10 is universal.
I am in the preview program for Windows 10, I didn't know there was one for the XBox One. Where did you sign up for that?

·
Banned
830 Posts
Really? :eek:You went too far with that statement as it's false!
Well, I don't know where you live, but I live pretty close to the hood and I know 100's of people who just got their HD sets, not to mention old people that I know and not to mention people who do not care about HD or the woman who say they cant tell the difference between the two.

I think you went a lil too deep with your explanation there buddy. lol...

Oh yea and most people didn't buy a HD TV in 2005, they got a Set Top Box (STB). Matter of fact, mostly no one had HD tv in 2005. I got my first Sony HD in 2004 and none of the people I knew had an HDTV and some didn't even know what it was. HD back in those days was 720p and 480p.

Ok, maybe I went overboard by saying most people, so I will change that to a lot of people. Jesus. I can't say nothing without the thread police coming on scene. lol...

·
Banned
830 Posts
I am sure the Sony has a BD-XL drive in it that can already read 4 layer 128GB BDXL disc. I think the Xbox One can do the same. Maybe a firmware upgrade will make the compatible with U-Ray dual layer 66GB and triple layer 100GB.
I remember hearing recently that XBox and Playstation 4 will be bringing out new consoles with an upgraded 4K version, I am not sure how true this is. If they do I will be inline for both, being a huge gamer. :)

781 - 800 of 2919 Posts