AVS Forum banner

581 - 600 of 15108 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
It might show up on a 55" or 65" 4k Sony 850c screen, but on my 23" computer screen I played it with full picture mode at 4k resolution and I didn't notice any problems. If there were any they were so small that I probably wouldn't have paid attention to them anyway.
I plan on giving it a whirl on my 65" when I get home.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Anyone with the 55" X850C. Check out this video and at 4:40 as the moon cross the sky see if you can see any major banding. Would like to know.

Video Title: Vancouver City 2 Time Lapse in 4K Ultra HD

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI1N7oelEW0

If you search "4k city" on Youtube app it should come up.

this is on the samsung UHD video pack, very gorgious 4k video here!

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
It might show up on a 55" or 65" 4k Sony 850c screen, but on my 23" computer screen I played it with full picture mode at 4k resolution and I didn't notice any problems. If there were any they were so small that I probably wouldn't have paid attention to them anyway.
Nothing Significant on my (other model 2013 Sony )

Video is decent :

OTOH real deal 4k TV factory eye candy demo loops (Like 4K Best Buy Sony/Samsung 4K factory hdd player )file downloads much better than VP9 You Tube can be found here :
Samsung,Sony ,LG,Panasonic and some other stuff:

Use your browser translator here > > http://demo-uhd3d.com/ U can downscale to 1080p in PC and still drool on a good set or send ot to TV at 4K if U can and drool with that two

If you have an IGPU and want to do downscle in software Daum Pot player 64 works good to play it so does VLC either way scaling or not |WMP usually chokes on it even though it can read it sometimes . modern APU/IGPU should be OK more cores/CPU/GPU the better it will use up what U got

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't argue with you opinion but it still doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint. Look at it this way. They are built into the price, they just don't want to give them to you. We're just getting screwed. Still OK with that? By the way, what other brands are also doing this?
1) From a marketing standpoint 3D doesn't sell TVs these days, so no need to market.

2) The cost of including 3D capability on the chip is probably pretty low, but the glasses cost money. So it makes sense to charge separately for the glasses to those who want them.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
1) From a marketing standpoint 3D doesn't sell TVs these days, so no need to market.

2) The cost of including 3D capability on the chip is probably pretty low, but the glasses cost money. So it makes sense to charge separately for the glasses to those who want them.
No matter the option, don't take away something I had for free before. That's the bad marketing move. I feel the same way about losing Skype from the x850b series .It's just not a good idea to give the customer a featue then charge him extra to use it. Doesn't matter if you like 3d or not. I paid for it and I might want to use it some day. Maybe my kids would like it. Someday. Glasses are not that expensive, especially passive versions. Free if you are inclined to take them home from the theater. Nobody here would but somebody else might.

·
Registered
839 Posts
don't take away something I had for free before.
Hey, most of the TVs in question will still play the stuff… I'd say that creating the opportunity to sell the glasses, at a premium price, directly to the few buyers who care, rather than having to charge a little more to all those who don't, is good marketing. It's kinda like eliminating full size spare tires--or even spare tires at all. It happens all the time.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
No matter the option, don't take away something I had for free before. That's the bad marketing move. I feel the same way about losing Skype from the x850b series .It's just not a good idea to give the customer a featue then charge him extra to use it. Doesn't matter if you like 3d or not. I paid for it and I might want to use it some day. Maybe my kids would like it. Someday. Glasses are not that expensive, especially passive versions. Free if you are inclined to take them home from the theater. Nobody here would but somebody else might.
They probably figured that since most people don't use the feature, it's a cost saving move.

And 2 your other point, yes the passive glasses are cheap, which is why last years Passive tvs came with glasses, but the 850c this year is ACTIVE.

This years samsung tvs come with 1 pair, compared to 4 in previous years.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here are photos of the 4k Youtube video with the issue I'm seeing.

I would appreciate anyone with a 55" X850C to also look at the video at 4:40-4:55 and see if they see the same thing. Wish I had an oled to test on.

I'm hoping that its just the video as this is the worst example I've seen.

I also see it on my newish IPS PC monitor fullscreen 1080p so at least there's that.

I'll check out the banding issue from GoT from last week as another user mentioned.

Link:

Attachments

·
Banned
5,008 Posts

I would appreciate anyone with a 55" X850C to also look at the video at 4:40-4:55 and see if they see the same thing. Wish I had an oled to test on.

I also see it on my newish IPS PC monitor fullscreen 1080p so at least there's that.

I'll check out the banding issue from GoT from last week as another user mentioned.

Not the TV ....(garbage in /garbage out )..mpeg compression artifacts and blocking ( big time ) bit starved and or bit shaping big time + mosquito noise maybe some Gaussian noise in there just because they could not to mention lav/purple background are severe for a set under good conditions
some of this may originate from your ISP or YT tube or an errantly load balanced or under provisioned CDN or ISP connection
or even the upload and aimless panel dithering because of all that :p

That being said if you want the about your TV download some of that 4Keye® candy I laid down . Bit starved You Tube lossey VP9 ain't even anything to check out a TV even under good conditions U cant check out color banding in general or on YT especially if U don't know what UR looking at to begin with use calibration test patterns instead like these (50%80% blue maybe ) AVS HD 709 images and study the pages or you might as well P to the wind .... yuck :eek: study these things and you will find the way grasshopper start below ..:p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Lite
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9

·
Registered
17,091 Posts

I am leaning towards agreeing with tubetwister. Some videos on youtube are compressed and won't look like perfect native 4k stuff. I have personally looked up demos that are installed on my tv and downloaded them from youtube, and the pre installed versions look better in some cases and the youtube versions have compression blocks.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I am leaning towards agreeing with tubetwister.
You know what they say ............. garbge in /garbage out :eek:

U might check out some that 4Keye ® candy download love I laid down the link for above it's ccOOL Ur GF or Wifey might even dig some of that :cool:

either the videos are murdered twice or the perps camera (or whatevr) or both:eek:

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
You know what they say ............. garbge in /garbage out :eek:

U might check out some that 4Keye ® candy download love I laid down the link for above it's ccOOL Ur GF or Wifey might even dig some of that :cool:
I've actually downloaded a few things from that site, had trouble downloading certain files though. The world Cup 15 minute 4k soccer clip is one of my favorites, it's stunning how good and clear it looks. Took 4 hours to download too.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I've actually downloaded a few things from that site, had trouble downloading certain files though. The world Cup 15 minute 4k soccer clip is one of my favorites, it's stunning how good and clear it looks. Took 4 hours to download too.
some of those files are large Y have about 37GB 0 that stuff SuM of the LG stuff is stunning ........... make you drool like an infant .. U will know it when U see it :cool:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
ca5224 said:

I am leaning towards agreeing with tubetwister. Some videos on youtube are compressed and won't look like perfect native 4k stuff. I have personally looked up demos that are installed on my tv and downloaded them from youtube, and the pre installed versions look better in some cases and the youtube versions have compression blocks.

figured our what's wong with his TV ............. it's playing Psychedelic Jihad on him :p

maybe unplug it for couple of weeks :eek:

·
Registered
522 Posts

My 65" playing your 4K Youtube video. At least I think it's 4K? Can't really check on the youtube app on this for quality. I assume it's just auto chooses the best? I don't think there's banding?

Time for some Witcher 3 ^_^

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good to hear its likely the video and not the TV.

Anyone have a recommendation for motion though? Tried all the settings but seem to still get that weird flicker/judder movement during baseball video - can be seen by watching the ball or bat swinging or even arms/hands moving too much. This is content viewed through the Youtube app and HBO Go Chromecasted.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Good to hear its likely the video and not the TV.

Anyone have a recommendation for motion though? Tried all the settings but seem to still get that weird flicker/judder movement during baseball video - can be seen by watching the ball or bat swinging or even arms/hands moving too much. This is content viewed through the Youtube app and HBO Go Chromecasted.

~ 600 lines of motion resolution vs under good conditions maybe ~ 300? probably less

Was it you that had a plasma ? if so .............told ya..... it's starting .........plasma withdrawals ?:eek: if not the ~300 line thing still applies .:p

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
1080i looks great to my eyes but with some noise during fast moving parts (ex: The Big Bang Theory transition screens with the atoms). On the 51" plasma it was more smooth. I'm still getting used to LED technology. Nothing a deal breaker so far. I'm still very happy with the purchase.

What is false posturing and posturization?

HDR off picture iphone 5s.. free advertising for sterlingbmw lol
Major black +shadow detail + black crush needs some SRS work :eek:work maybe some gamma and some brightness maybe some contrast, that ain't HDR the TV can't do HDR neither can any of the other ones at the store :(

581 - 600 of 15108 Posts