AVS Forum banner

10041 - 10060 of 15108 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I installed kodi via Google store on the tv. Super easy. It installed the latest version. I then installed the superrepo repository and am all set. I don't know if a way to install 2 versions of kodi. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already have Kodi installed on 850c but it is version15.2 so how do I force the install of the version 16.0 ?

Thanks,
N

·
UHD Addict
37,084 Posts
Did anything happen to the 850C Ultraflix app? I used to have two Ultraflix apps. The internal TV app and the one I downloaded. The internal app would send Dolby Digital while the other one sends pcm. And the internal app had the Terminator Genisys movie for free. But now I don't see the internal UltraFlix app. Only the one that I had downloaded.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just joined the club today and brought home my 850C 55" This is my first LED TV. I had my Panny Plasma for Years and it served my family well. I've been tinkering with the settings on the 850C and am getting some good results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did anything happen to the 850C Ultraflix app? I used to have two Ultraflix apps. The internal TV app and the one I downloaded. The internal app would send Dolby Digital while the other one sends pcm. And the internal app had the Terminator Genisys movie for free. But now I don't see the internal UltraFlix app. Only the one that I had downloaded.
I noticed this happens when I have connection issues with my WiFi. I usually verify my WiFi is working and I have Internet then make sure the tv is connected. If that doesn't work try holding the power button down for a 10 sec reboot

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-class-54-6-diag--led-2160p-smart-3d-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/2698063.p?id=1219555370088&skuId=2698063

If anyone is on the brink of buying this set like me the game just got interesting. I am now certain I am taking back the x810c, but now that the x850c is at the same price and the js8500 is still 400$ more, I don't know if what the JS8500 packs is enough to beat the x850c price right now plus what it performs. Is it confirmed the x850c (I'm looking at the 55") is 10 bit or 8 bit? Seems to pass all 10 bit patterns but I haven't seen a distinct answer to this. Also I used the search tool but couldn't find a lot on this, anyone go from a JS8500 to the x850c or a JU7100 to the x850c?

·
UHD Addict
37,084 Posts
I noticed this happens when I have connection issues with my WiFi. I usually verify my WiFi is working and I have Internet then make sure the tv is connected. If that doesn't work try holding the power button down for a 10 sec reboot
I'll try that. But it seems weird that it would only affect the one app. The TV doesn't even show it as installed any more. Only the version that I downloaded is installed now. I had not used it a while so I have no idea how long it's been this way.

I remember there was an issue a few months ago with the internal app playing, which was the reason I had downloaded the other version. But now the internal version is gone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I assume other functions on the remote work OK.

You could try initializing it again - second link below, from the FAQ on Troubleshooting tab.

You could also try clearing data on the Google app (Home>Settings>Apps>System apps>Google; select it, choose Clear data, confirm, reboot TV.

"What do I do if my TV won't respond to the touchpad remote? How do I pair the Touchpad remote to the TV?
[400MHz Man]"

"First make sure your batteries are fresh, and inserted properly. If that doesn't help you probably have to pair the remote again.

Go to:
[HOME] > [Settings] > [NETWORK & ACCESSORIES - TOUCHPAD REMOTE CONTROL SETTINGS] > [Pair Touchpad Remote Control] > [Yes], then follow the on-screen instructions

If you can't get to the Settings menu normally:

Press the ""Input"" button on the lower-left corner of the back of the TV for five seconds and the Touchpad remote pairing screen will appear.

Pairing instructions for the Touchpad remote at the first link below. You can also use the pairing steps below:
1. Make sure that the batteries are properly inserted in the remote
2. Press and hold the INPUT button on the back lower left corner of the TV for at least 5 seconds, and register the Touchpad remote from the screen that is displayed.

If you can't pair using the pairing screens you may need to initilize your Touchpad remote - see link below to Sony article on that. "

How to pair my Touchpad remote with my Sony Andoid TV

How to initialize the Touchpad Remote Control.
thanks for quick response however reinitializing did not fix the problem other functions on the remote work,i recall when pressing the mic button an orange glow would appear top center of remote ,that doesn't happen anymore.i'm assuming the remote is defective and still under warranty(less than a year)

·
Registered
122 Posts
What's the experience like for PC gaming or streaming on the XBR850C???

There is a sale at a great price and I'm tempted to buy over a 40" Samsung I was looking at that can do 4:4:4 60hz
I'm running my 65-850c with a PC for 4k gaming. I'm using an nVidia GTX980ti plugged into HDMI3 with enhanced mode on to get 4:4:4 60Hz. The detail and color looks incredible at 4k. Be sure to use Game Mode for the least amount of display lag and get true 4:4:4 chroma.

The problem with 4k gaming right now is even the 980ti by itself can't handle modern games on ultra detail at 4k/60hz with vsync on. It's just not fast enough to keep a steady 60fps in most games I've tried.

I played Fallout 4 at 4k high detail. It was 'mostly' ok at 60fps but had its moments where it slipped into the 40s. I'm currently playing Tomb Raider-2013 and Witcher 3, both at 1440p ultra detail. Rocket League does play awesome at 4k/60fps ultra detail though. It's pretty great except for the small chat text window.

If you compromise to using High and/or Medium detail, you can lock in the 60fps at 4k. Another compromise would be to stick with Ultra detail, but use 1440p/60Hz. It's much easier to get a steady 60fps at 1440p.

Either way, I think gaming on this TV has been pretty great using both my PC and Xbone.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Reactions: Danabw

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone had a Wifi issue since getting the last couple of updates? Mine is connecting then disconnecting every 10 seconds. Literally.

Plus has anyone noticed the redish tinge you get during some transitional light to dark scenes.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Congrats 850C owners, you all win! The X850D is a complete turd!

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x850d
Maybe not complete.
It has a lot of numbers that are worse: Contrast, black uniformity, color gamut and reflection handling.
It is brighter overall (which doesn't help the contrast), off angle viewing and faster for gaming.

And yet they gave it a higher score. :eek:

·
UHD Addict
37,084 Posts
I'll try that. But it seems weird that it would only affect the one app. The TV doesn't even show it as installed any more. Only the version that I downloaded is installed now. I had not used it a while so I have no idea how long it's been this way.

I remember there was an issue a few months ago with the internal app playing, which was the reason I had downloaded the other version. But now the internal version is gone.
I tried rebooting the TV and nothing. So do people that downloaded the google Play Store app have two Ultraflix apps or just one now?
I'm just trying to figure out if something happened to mine of if Sony actually got rid of their internal app in favor of the regular Ultraflix app? The internal one had the Terminator Genisys movie for free and the internal app also output DD. While the Play Store app only outputs PCM audio.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone have any settings for the 4K K8500 to share?
DCI Color Space with Color at 60 looks the best to my eye, BT.2020 is a bit red. Hesitant to change my color temp settings as they're set and calibrated for Rec709 for my other sources.

Hi,

Would anyone share their tv picture setting when using the k8500.

I used C0der recommendation from the worksheet, but changed color to 65 and I can see better color saturation and contrast. (I only have The Martian uhd disc)

Regards

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I tried rebooting the TV and nothing. So do people that downloaded the google Play Store app have two Ultraflix apps or just one now?
I'm just trying to figure out if something happened to mine of if Sony actually got rid of their internal app in favor of the regular Ultraflix app? The internal one had the Terminator Genisys movie for free and the internal app also output DD. While the Play Store app only outputs PCM audio.
Try rebooting your router. I don't have quite the problem you do, but occasionally the TV stops seeing my 5ghz antenna entirely and nothing helps except that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Has anyone had a Wifi issue since getting the last couple of updates? Mine is connecting then disconnecting every 10 seconds. Literally.

Plus has anyone noticed the redish tinge you get during some transitional light to dark scenes.
I just got the set about 3 weeks ago. I do not have any wifi issues, but I have noticed that the picture will be spot on as far as skin tone and such , but then the skin tones get reddish or a little yellowish when the scene transitions. Trying to figure out what I am doing wrong

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
So I am returning my 55x810c for the 55x850c today. Hope I am making the right choice, since now they are both the same price. BB dropped the Sony to 999$ so its a no brainer as far as swapping the x810c for the x850c. I was going to grab a Samsung JS8500 but for 300-400$ more I don't think is enough to justify that price difference. Plus its Samsung, something in my gut says "don't do it" plus I have been reading about a lot of weird issues with that set plus it looks like its not well built and fragile. Anyway I know with the x850c I might get the edge issues but overall it seems like a no brainer choice especially for 999$. Or should I just return all together and wait...I mean we are talking a 55" LED not OLED here and coming from Plasma I'm not expecting leaps and bounds but something satisfying. I enjoy the x810c if it weren't for the edge issues but also a lot seemt to be perfectly happy with their x850c.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Maybe not complete.
It has a lot of numbers that are worse: Contrast, black uniformity, color gamut and reflection handling.
It is brighter overall (which doesn't help the contrast), off angle viewing and faster for gaming.

And yet they gave it a higher score. :eek:
That review should prove Rtings.com is nothing more than a info site, cause their rating system is whacked out on acid. They ranked an IPS panel with terrible contrast and black performance over the x850c?? Wow now I'm done with that site for anything relevant and will only use them to see what panel is in each tv. Terrible site IMO after that review.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi All,
I can't seem to figure out how to connect the TV to my DLNA server? I went to network and test it, it sees it fine but how do I use it? I used to have LG where I just browse for the DLNA server and connect to it. I don't see the option for this TV, do I need to download an app for this?

10041 - 10060 of 15108 Posts