AVS Forum banner

14961 - 14980 of 15104 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Using Vudu & Disney+ in 4k

Does anyone else have the problem where 4k doesn't show up on with VUDU + Disney + movies? Also, with Disney+ & Movies Anywhere no surround sound kicks in at all (I'm using a Harman Kardon receiver...)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Does anyone else have the problem where 4k doesn't show up on with VUDU + Disney + movies? Also, with Disney+ & Movies Anywhere no surround sound kicks in at all (I'm using a Harman Kardon receiver...)
I see 4K UHD HDR10 as the option. The TV automatically changes the picture mode to HDR Video.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but if a UHD BD player has HDR10+ will these TVs benefit from it?

I know they can't decode HDR10+ natively, but wouldn't the BD player switch the metadata it is sending to the TV, in effect pre-decoding it?

·
UHD Addict
37,076 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but if a UHD BD player has HDR10+ will these TVs benefit from it?

I know they can't decode HDR10+ natively, but wouldn't the BD player switch the metadata it is sending to the TV, in effect pre-decoding it?
If a UHD BD has HDR10+, then it is also required to have HDR10. Just like if Dolby Vision or HLG is used.
HDR10 is required to be on any UHD BD that uses HDR.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
So it falls back to HDR10 on our TVs and we don't get the benefit of the plus. You'd think the UHD BD Player should be able to convert it. Still, Sony doesn't seem to be on the HDR10+ wagon yet. We probably COULD have gotten it in an update if they weren't all in on DolbyVision.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Anyone know how to get a 55x850C screen replaced? I just moved and the teens that helped me were not as careful as I would have expected, resulting in a cracked screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone else have issues with the built-in Chromecast? I can't cast to it any longer, it does not show up as a device in e.g., YouTube on my iPhone, or other apps. Other streaming apps on the TV itself works, so it has network access

Not exactly sure when I started experience the issues, but it was in the past weeks/month

Version number is 1.44.194651
When I uninstalled the updates restoring the original version, it worked. Reinstalling the new doesn't work
Original version is 1.29.104695

I also have a seperate issue that the using my iPhone as a remote with the official Android TV app requires me to enter the passcode every time I open the app. That has been going on for at least a year, it used to work well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Slight PEBKAC on the Android TV issue. I was testing after the reinstall from my iPhone that I had disconnected from the wifi. But it was broken as I tested before on my MBP, but the reinstall fixed it :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I need some Help! Is my TV bricked after failed update?

My 55x850c rarely gets used these days as it's been moved to the bedroom. I noticed there was a software update for it last night and tried to do the OTA Update. It appeared to download the update, then went to the screen with the logo showing Not to unplug the TV. The Screen then went black with just the LED light up in blue. After Over an Hour I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in. Now it shows that same update screen for about 30 seconds, then goes back to the black screen I've never had an issue updating until now.

I tried inserting a USB drive with the software on it, but it does the same thing. I also tried a Factory reset, which from what I read on Sony was " Hold Power and Volume Down(On the back of the TV,) and plug it back in while holding the buttons for 30 seconds until LED is green." This doesn't work either..

Is there any way to recover? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need some Help! Is my TV bricked after failed update?

My 55x850c rarely gets used these days as it's been moved to the bedroom. I noticed there was a software update for it last night and tried to do the OTA Update. It appeared to download the update, then went to the screen with the logo showing Not to unplug the TV. The Screen then went black with just the LED light up in blue. After Over an Hour I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in. Now it shows that same update screen for about 30 seconds, then goes back to the black screen I've never had an issue updating until now.

I tried inserting a USB drive with the software on it, but it does the same thing. I also tried a Factory reset, which from what I read on Sony was " Hold Power and Volume Down(On the back of the TV,) and plug it back in while holding the buttons for 30 seconds until LED is green." This doesn't work either..

Is there any way to recover? Thanks!

Try holding the green power button on your sony remote for 5 seconds and see if reboots.

If that doesn't work, I would try try the USB drive with software update again: sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/xbr-55x850c/articles/00131053

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try holding the green power button on your sony remote for 5 seconds and see if reboots.

If that doesn't work, I would try try the USB drive with software update again: sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/xbr-55x850c/articles/00131053
I've tried both of those. I will be trying to plug in the LAN cable when I get home to see if it will complete the update, may have had something to do with the update disabling wifi halfway through the Update.

Found out today that this is a Known Issue. Sony actually Issued an Extended Warranty through 12/2020 for certain TV's that this has affected, and should be repairing main boards free of charge. I will be pursuing this route if I have no success with the Lan cable.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/xbr-65x900c/articles/00235875

Here is a discussion about the Issue.
https://ap.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00005JLaRESA1/when-is-sony-going-to-issue-a-recall-for-these-xbr-bravia-bad-android-tvs?language=en_US

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good to know info.
Good luck!
Well, no luck trying a Lan cable to get the TV to update.

Good News is, I chatted with Sony and they are sending out a new Main Board and scheduling a local servicer to install it! Pretty good support for an almost 4 year old TV, though the issue was caused by their Update. Will update if/when it is working again.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Is anyone using YouTube TV on this TV? I'm getting error messages when I try playing anything.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is anyone using YouTube TV on this TV? I'm getting error messages when I try playing anything.

Yes, I would say there was an update to YouTUbe. I went into setting and cleared cache and data for YouTube app. So far, so good.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Yes, I would say there was an update to YouTUbe. I went into setting and cleared cache and data for YouTube app. So far, so good.
I'm talking about YouTube TV, not the regular YouTube app. Is that what you mean ?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I was looking at the Google Play store on my Sony today. I went to 'My Apps' and there's a bottom row called "Not on this device" which lists 'Facebook Watch'.
I have no idea what that is. It's not on any of my devices or even listed as one of my apps at Google.

Is this some sort of advertising? Can it be removed from that page?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Has anyone found a way to fix 3D under YouTube (without an external smart device)? Some custom youtube app or something?
It's really strange you can actually turn 3D on but it doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Has anyone found a way to fix 3D under YouTube (without an external smart device)? Some custom youtube app or something?
It's really strange you can actually turn 3D on but it doesn't do anything.
As far as I can tell, the TV can only see 3D signals from external devices. I would really like it if the built in Vudu app played its 3D movies.

14961 - 14980 of 15104 Posts