AVS Forum banner

15141 - 15160 of 15192 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, but what does 'Core Services' do? Like I said, I haven't disabled it or rolled it back and I don't see ads.

I see people on Google Play complaining about it generating ads, but the version 2.1.2-320114979-f dated July 8, 2020 seems to be clean. The one on Google Play is the same version but dated August 31. I'm wondering if the earlier revision is clean.
I didn't look that far into it. At the end of the day, just avoid those particular updates in the Google Store and everyone should be good to go.

Reactions: DoctorM

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Digging some more, TV Core Services does seem to provide an App Spotlight bar at the bottom, but it's easily disable-able from the 'Customize Channels' setting. I already disabled most of those, it's why I never saw it. It's certainly not forced or at the top, that's the TV Home update.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
For those of you that having problem with turning TV on after oreo update, try disable your TV's WiFi
I did some testing and find TV won't stay in standby mode if WiFi is enabled, I suspect WiFi somehow cause the TV to crash during standby and had to reboot itself up
I have since switched to wired connection and don't have the issue anymore

·
Registered
44 Posts
For those of you that having problem with turning TV on after oreo update, try disable your TV's WiFi
I did some testing and find TV won't stay in standby mode if WiFi is enabled, I suspect WiFi somehow cause the TV to crash during standby and had to reboot itself up
I have since switched to wired connection and don't have the issue anymore
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it today. The very next time the TV did it again, was fully off, and rebooted when turned on using the TV remote.

I’m afraid it didn’t do the trick in at least my case. Obviously the update was rolled out very late to my TV.

Datapoints: 75” model. Software version PKG6.827.0261NAB. No further update available through the OS.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it today. The very next time the TV did it again, was fully off, and rebooted when turned on using the TV remote.

I’m afraid it didn’t do the trick in at least my case. Obviously the update was rolled out very late to my TV.

Datapoints: 75” model. Software version PKG6.827.0261NAB. No further update available through the OS.
Did you try the recommendation from this post? Sony 2015 XBR-55X850C / XBR-65X850C / XBR-75X850C owners...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is there a way to install the previous software/firmware prior to this **** update. My TV is literally unwatchable. I only use my TV through my Chromecast Ultra and casting is a mess. It skips and stutters constantly. The only thing that fixes it is a reboot, and then casting is smooth as can be during that session. But once you stop and start a new cast the skipping/stuttering returns until you reboot again. So when you are done watching TV you might as well pull the plug because you will have to reboot to watch it again. Ridiculous! I even tried booting into the Sony Pro Mode outlined earlier in this thread which I thought would work for sure. I disabled literally everything. The UI is much faster now without the bloatware but still experiencing the Chromecast casting issues. Bullshit.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is there a way to install the previous software/firmware prior to this **** update. My TV is literally unwatchable. I only use my TV through my Chromecast Ultra and casting is a mess. It skips and stutters constantly. The only thing that fixes it is a reboot, and then casting is smooth as can be during that session. But once you stop and start a new cast the skipping/stuttering returns until you reboot again. So when you are done watching TV you might as well pull the plug because you will have to reboot to watch it again. Ridiculous! I even tried booting into the Sony Pro Mode outlined earlier in this thread which I thought would work for sure. I disabled literally everything. The UI is much faster now without the bloatware but still experiencing the Chromecast casting issues. Bullshit.
Perhaps, you can try a factory reset?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Incidentally, since Android 8 update, did anyone try to do a full factory reset? How long does it take?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is anyone else having a problem with Movies Anywhere & Disney+ apps not having Dolby Digital kick in when being used with a surround sound receiver? It is just regular stereo sound (if that)
I have the same issue with Disney+ and no 5.1, only stereo thru optical out from X900 to AVR. Netflix and Prime output 5.1 surround, so it is something with the Disney+ app itself, and I have not found a solution either. There are many posts about it if you google it. But no real solution that I have found.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the same issue with Disney+ and no 5.1, only stereo thru optical out from X900 to AVR. Netflix and Prime output 5.1 surround, so it is something with the Disney+ app itself, and I have not found a solution either. There are many posts about it if you google it. But no real solution that I have found.
Having the same annoying issue. From what I've read its a very known issue and it's on the Disney side. Optical out not playing nice. Need to upgrade my Yamaha with ARC.
I usually run all my streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon through my Samsung Ultra Blu-ray player. It has 2 HDMI outputs. So I have one going to the TV and one hdmi going to the receiver for audio.. That way I get the full Dolby Digital Plus in place of going thru the optical. Unfortunately my Samsung player still doesn't have the Disney+ app. I hope and check all the time. Doubt it will become available since Samsung discontinued their players.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm sure it goes without saying to make sure the Digital Audio Out setting isn't set to PCM. Otherwise, the TV will downmix to stereo..

I suggest you try to manually sideload an update for Disney+. Our TV shows v1.80 dated Aug 31, 2020, but the current version is v1.9.1.

@lufters - Are you saying ARC gives "Full" DD+ while optical has some reduced version? This has been discussed here several times, and as far as anyone can tell, the outputs are identical.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm sure it goes without saying to make sure the Digital Audio Out setting isn't set to PCM. Otherwise, the TV will downmix to stereo..

I suggest you try to manually sideload an update for Disney+. Our TV shows v1.80 dated Aug 31, 2020, but the current version is v1.9.1.

@lufters - Are you saying ARC gives "Full" DD+ while optical has some reduced version? This has been discussed here several times, and as far as anyone can tell, the outputs are identical.
As I said it's a known issue. Not sure you got that.
You are kidding right? Been doing this a long time. How would I get 5.1 on everything else if the TV wasn't set right. :ROFLMAO: Yes, I did fool around with the Digital Audio out settings Auto 1 and 2 for the heck of it.
I have the most recent version of the Disney app.1.9.1 No need to side load anything. :)
Can you show me how to get 7.1 and Atmos over optical with proper DD+ ? You have different technology than I have? :p At the end of the day, when in doubt use HDMI for audio if you can over toslink.
Yes, as far as anyone (majority of people) can tell, not much between regular Dolby 5.1 and Dolby TrueHD :D
....and like I said its a know issue with the Disney app and the Android TV software with TV's and devices.

"You don't get clearer audio via HDMI ARC compared to S/PDIF. Both convey the exact same digital audio data apart from ARC having the added ability to convey DD+. Other formats such as Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 or 2 chanel PCM will be the exact same digital data and audio quality irrespective of whether you convey them via ARC or via S?PDIF optical.
Dolby Digital Plus (Enhaced AC-3) can potentially deliver 7.1 channels of audio and even a maximum of up to 15 channels via HDMI with a bitrate of up to 6144 Kbit/s, higher than the 448 kbps/second associated with conventional Dolby Digital. It also includes a Dolby Digital core with a bitrate of 640 kbp/second that enables legacy devices unable to handle DD+ to handle the Dolby Digital core. It is Still however a lossy compressed format and not a lossless HD formats. It does however also allow Atmos metadata to be packaged within the audio and while neither this or DD+ can be conveyed via S/PDIF optical, both DD+ with the inclusion of Atmos metadata can be conveyed via HDMI ARC. The only real advantage to using ARC is its ability to convey DD+. "

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
While recent updates to ARC have allowed it stretch beyond S/PDIF (specifically eARC), both the sending and receiving device must be compatible and utilize HDMI 2.1. AFAIK, our TVs, being 5 years old, cannot do this and only support HDMI 2.0.
I'm fairly certain our TVs output the core for both optical and ARC. This is also what it does for DTS-HD MA & TrueHD content.

And, hey, the Digital Audio setting had to be asked. Like 'is your device plugged in'. You never know when you might miss a simple thing.

·
UHD Addict
37,462 Posts
Yes. The 850C will truncate the extra two channels in a DD+ 7.1 signal and output at 5.1DD over the ARC. At least this is how mine has always behaved.

Reactions: lufters and DoctorM

·
Registered
44 Posts
EDIT: I was wrong in the below. After double-checking it turned out that I had turned Simple IP control back to off. One more go with all energy-efficiency disabled.

It took me until today to try out all the permutations of those settings. I was hoping just one of those would do it. Unfortunately even with all those power options off, the problem persists.

Every day, sometimes more than once, I have to sit through a full boot sequence because the TV turns itself hard off. And CEC doesn’t wake it, so I have to initiate with the TV remote.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I own this TV (XBR-55X850C) and am about to get a PS5 in November. I'm trying to determine if I need to upgrade or if the HDMI version is sufficient.

The specifications online say its HDMI 2.0, but does anyone know if it's 2.0a or 2.0b?

Much appreciated.

·
UHD Addict
37,462 Posts
The 850C works perfectly fine with 2160P60 games and 7.1 lossless audio from the current gen systems. So next gen will work just as well.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The 850C works perfectly fine with 2160P60 games and 7.1 lossless audio from the current gen systems. So next gen will work just as well.
Thank you. I've been on with Sony chat today and they're telling me the TV cannot do 4K at 60fps so I don't know what to do tbh.

·
UHD Addict
37,462 Posts
Thank you. I've been on with Sony chat today and they're telling me the TV cannot do 4K at 60fps so I don't know what to do tbh.
My 850C accepts 2160P60 on all four HDMI inputs. I never had any issues with my XB1X and PS4 Pro sending 2160P60 to it.

15141 - 15160 of 15192 Posts