AVS Forum banner

15161 - 15180 of 15192 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Unfortunately some Sony people are not properly trained. Our TVs can do 4K at 60fps. I have the Comcast Xg1v4 and the Xi6 connected to two of my X850C sets at 4K 60fps.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Good to hear. Sounds like I'm good then at least for the time being until they bring out some 120fps games. Started looking at OLEDs today, but the picture is still amazing on this 850C so I didn't want to upgrade unless I had to.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Good to hear. Sounds like I'm good then at least for the time being until they bring out some 120fps games. Started looking at OLEDs today, but the picture is still amazing on this 850C so I didn't want to upgrade unless I had to.
It supports 4k60, you just need to set the HDMI ports to the Enhanced Format.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
It supports 4k60, you just need to set the HDMI ports to the Enhanced Format.

Thank you for mentioning this. For years I didn't even know this was a thing, nor did I know that my HDMI 1 port wouldn't support the HDR firmware implementation. So I think I have it sorted now...my only confusion is that someone on another forum said to be sure you have it plugged into the (arc) input, which is HDMI 4 on my TV...but the TV itself says HDR and the 4K60 can only be achieved on HDMI 2 or 3. 2 is the MHL. I'm still a little confused but I think I'm headed in the right direction.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thank you for mentioning this. For years I didn't even know this was a thing, nor did I know that my HDMI 1 port wouldn't support the HDR firmware implementation. So I think I have it sorted now...my only confusion is that someone on another forum said to be sure you have it plugged into the (arc) input, which is HDMI 4 on my TV...but the TV itself says HDR and the 4K60 can only be achieved on HDMI 2 or 3. 2 is the MHL. I'm still a little confused but I think I'm headed in the right direction.
BS. 3D, 4k60 and HDR work on all of the HDMI ports on 850c series. HDMI ARC is only available on HDMI 1.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
BS. 3D, 4k60 and HDR work on all of the HDMI ports on 850c series. HDMI ARC is only available on HDMI 1.

I'm just mentioning what the message on thr TV itself said today when I went to implement the settings change. It said only ports 2 and 3. And on my TV I can confirm the ARC is only listed on HDMI port 4.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm just mentioning what the message on thr TV itself said today when I went to implement the settings change. It said only ports 2 and 3. And on my TV I can confirm the ARC is only listed on HDMI port 4.
You're correct. Mea culpa. The HDMI 4 port has ARC and HDMI 2 (I think) has MHL. But all of the HDMI ports when in an Enhanced mode support 4k60 and HDR.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You're correct. Mea culpa. The HDMI 4 port has ARC and HDMI 2 (I think) has MHL. But all of the HDMI ports when in an Enhanced mode support 4k60 and HDR.

Gotcha. It may be moot anyway, I think I want to upgrade maybe to an OLED. Just trying to research how much of a thing burn in is still.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I saw something interesting today. For the first time since the Oreo update, my TVs were able to self-update Google App for Android.

Now maybe I missed one in between, but up until now I was side-loading. So you all should now be up to 4.3.0.331205520 (or able to hit update from your Play Store app if you have auto-updates turned off).

That's something I'll have to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Still no upgrade in Europe, how is the experience after the upgrade in other countries?

Reactions: brownfox

·
Registered
4 Posts
Upgrade!

I've been using the new Chromecast with Google TV for a few days. I actually got one at Home Depot before it was officially announced. LOL.

It's given the TV a nice little upgrade that makes navigating all the Android apps plus the assistant MUCH snappier. I highly recommend it. The remote CEC controls work perfectly with our TV and my Sony sound bar as well.

Only downside is that I wish I could set it to output to the native resolution of the source so I could use the TVs upscaler. I'm assuming it's got to be better even though it's 5 years old?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
UHD Addict
37,504 Posts
The Chromecast with Google Tv seems to do a good job with upscaling. Although I have not used mine on my 850C. I have it connected to my 2018 TCL 6 series right now. But I would be perfectly fine using it on my 850C. Which is probably what I will end up doing. Once I move the 850C into my spare bedroom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the GUI on this tv is sooooo slow and sluggish. I have no choice but to get the new chromecast. I have whatever latest official firmware for the US market. I even reset to factory after each upgrade, and i dont even install a lot of apps, justs usual netflix, amazon, etc.

·
UHD Addict
37,504 Posts
the GUI on this tv is sooooo slow and sluggish. I have no choice but to get the new chromecast. I have whatever latest official firmware for the US market. I even reset to factory after each upgrade, and i dont even install a lot of apps, justs usual netflix, amazon, etc.
I stopped using the internal apps years ago. An external streamer is the best solution with the 850C.

Reactions: Theetjuh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is my tv bricked? Stuck on reboot loop on android logo. I’ve tried to do factory rest holding pwr & vol-, I can see green light but never got to the setup screen I’ve tried many attempts. Is it time to get another one? TIA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this tv, but unfortunately the screen is broken. My 3 year old threw something to it! I loved this tv, it could have lasted several more years, I also had Geek squad protection it but never had to use the service as it was perfect. Now I have replaced with another sony TV. I don't want to dump this to the electronic waste disposal, before trying out to scavenge for good internal parts. Is there anyone looking for any interior part of this TV (other than the display of course!) or anybody know any place I can try selling interior parts?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have this tv, but unfortunately, the screen is broken. My 3-year-old threw something to it! I loved this tv, it could have lasted several more years, I also had Geek squad protection it but never had to use the service as it was perfect. Now I have replaced it with another sony TV. I don't want to dump this to the electronic waste disposal, before trying out to scavenge for good internal parts. Is there anyone looking for any interior part of this TV (other than the display of course!) or anybody knows any place I can try selling interior parts?
I had a similar issue years ago with a Panasonic plasma TV. The panel was great but the power control board crapped the bed and replacing it was more expensive than buying a new 4K TV. So I found a local authorized repair shop and offered them to buy the TV from me. I got $100 for it. So find a local repair shop and call them and see if they want to buy that Sony set for parts. You may have to "deliver" it to them though and may get a few dollars for it. Definitely better than paying someplace to pick it and recycle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a similar issue years ago with a Panasonic plasma TV. The panel was great but the power control board crapped the bed and replacing it was more expensive than buying a new 4K TV. So I found a local authorized repair shop and offered them to buy the TV from me. I got $100 for it. So find a local repair shop and call them and see if they want to buy that Sony set for parts. You may have to "deliver" it to them though and may get a few dollars for it. Definitely better than paying someplace to pick it and recycle.
Thanks for that tip! I never thought about that option!

15161 - 15180 of 15192 Posts