AVS Forum banner

15221 - 15240 of 15243 Posts

·
UHD Addict
38,235 Posts
I forgot there was a second remote with this TV that responded to voice. I'll need to look for mine.

Sent from my Tab A7 Gray (Spare)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I need help. My voice remote's batteries corroded and leaked acid deeper inside.
The remote is held closed with some sort of tiny hex screws. An eyeglass screwdriver can bite into them, but they are super tight and there is no way to get enough leverage to loosen them.

So I'm stuck with a remote with acid, probably messing up circuits and no way to clean it out. I'm open to suggestions. At the moment I'm tempted to drop the whole thing into a bowl of water with a tiny amount of baking soda and then transferring the remote to another bowl of rice to dry.

Anyone know what sort of tool can open these things? Even then, I'm afraid by the time I'm able to open the remote, it'll be too late to clean it.

Should I just toss it in the trash?

ALSO, this has been asked several times, but has anyone tried one of Sony's newer remotes on this TV (that have the voice control built into the full sized remote)?
FYI - there is an app by Sony for this TV that will let you use voice through the smartphone.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
FYI - there is an app by Sony for this TV that will let you use voice through the smartphone.

There is, and it's still available, but I believe they've stopped supporting it.
I ended up blotting the battery compartment heavily with a damp paper towel and will let it dry a couple days. Now I'll hope for the best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is, and it's still available, but I believe they've stopped supporting it.
I ended up blotting the battery compartment heavily with a damp paper towel and will let it dry a couple days. Now I'll hope for the best.
Good luck!

FYI, if it doesn't work you might try the new Chromecast. It comes with a remote with voice control as well. It's a nice upgrade over the built-in Android and Google Assistant with the TV, and the whole thing is might be cheaper than a new Sony remote.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Good luck!

FYI, if it doesn't work you might try the new Chromecast. It comes with a remote with voice control as well. It's a nice upgrade over the built-in Android and Google Assistant with the TV, and the whole thing is might be cheaper than a new Sony remote.

Probably true and a good suggestion. I wouldn't mind having HDR on YouTube, something our TV's won't do with the native app.
I installed Peacock the other day and found it to be the first app I would describe as sluggish on these TVs. I'm just not sure I care about Peacock.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I tried a T6 and it was to big. I tried a T5 and it sort of fit but, felt like it was going to do more harm than good.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with VUDU not playing movies on the 850c or MoviesAnwhere not working? With MoviesAnywhere I get some sort of weird DRM error and with VUDU it only gives me the option for SD and when I try to play it, it acts like it is going to start playing the movie, but then goes back to the menu screen.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with VUDU not playing movies on the 850c or MoviesAnwhere not working? With MoviesAnywhere I get some sort of weird DRM error and with VUDU it only gives me the option for SD and when I try to play it, it acts like it is going to start playing the movie, but then goes back to the menu screen.
Seems to be playing fine for me on both accounts. VUDU is playing HDX and no errors on MoviesAnywhere.

·
Registered
476 Posts
stick it in dry rice..... will remove all moisture
I've done this to notebooks left out in the rain..... sorry didn't read your initial response... thought it was water not a leaking battery

·
Registered
16 Posts
Still no update for Europe? Man, this is taking a lot from me to wait this long after the first signals in Asia and US for a update her in Europe.. Sony wake Up.
I totally agree Swingking. I think that europe isn't that important for Sony. A market like... It's nice to sell, but for support EU is last in row/or beyond. It's not that i need that update, but not updating while the rest of the world has it, is emotionally unbearable. ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn POCO F1 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don’t think it is coming anymore either ... shame

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I have a VSX-1020 connected to my TV via optical for sound, and to HDMI3 to send video to the TV, and have not run into this issue.

Check the following settings on your TV:

• Home>Settings>Sound>Speakers. Set to Audio System
  • Home>Settings>Sound>Digital Audio Out. Set to Auto 2 to output DD/DTS surround sound when available.

Can you clarify what you mean by "It's really from the "home" menu..."? Do you mean this occurs only when you are using apps on the TV? In that case it's likely that you haven't set the TV to use audio system. I've never had the TV switch back to its speakers since I set the Speakers setting to Audio System and connected my optical cable to the TV and receiver.
Will this apply to mine where anything I send from a streaming service via optical out to get the receiver to output Dolby audio? I also have a non 4k Pioneer receiver connected to my TV via optical out. Everything I send to the receiver from a streaming service sounds like it's in stereo as opposed to a true surround sound.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My otherwise excellent XBR75 910C has developed a dark spot on the bottom. I have Dish Protect that covers it, they sent a TV repair company to look at it who said they might be able to fix it but it's unlikely. Dish says if it can't be fixed they will offer "suitable" replacement options.

What is the current model in the range of the 910C? Cause I want that or the money that buys it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello 850C owners. I am about to consider a new TV. 850C has been great ( except a software issue that was resolved). Possibly considering the 950H or the new 90J LED. Need to stick with a 55" due to space. Anyone else out there offer any advice? Is there a noticeable difference in picture quality? Mostly interested in the Dolby Vision. I use an Apple TV. Ditched cable so I do stream everything. Watch some live TV using an antenna. If there is a noticeable difference in picture quality then I may go for it, otherwise maybe there is no reason to change yet.

·
UHD Addict
38,235 Posts
Hello 850C owners. I am about to consider a new TV. 850C has been great ( except a software issue that was resolved). Possibly considering the 950H or the new 90J LED. Need to stick with a 55" due to space. Anyone else out there offer any advice? Is there a noticeable difference in picture quality? Mostly interested in the Dolby Vision. I use an Apple TV. Ditched cable so I do stream everything. Watch some live TV using an antenna. If there is a noticeable difference in picture quality then I may go for it, otherwise maybe there is no reason to change yet.
Just by having Full Array Local Dimming with the 950H is a huge difference. Or pixel dimming with an OLED, like the A90J, is huge as well. And the Cognitive Intelligence processing is supposed to be superb as well.

Either one of those will blow away anything the 850C can do. There really is no comparison between the 850C and those two newer Sonys. The 850C is in the little league compared to those two.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just by having Full Array Local Dimming with the 950H is a huge difference. Or pixel dimming with an OLED, like the A90J, is huge as well. And the Cognitive Intelligence processing is supposed to be superb as well.

Either one of those will blow away anything the 850C can do. There really is no comparison between the 850C and those two newer Sonys. The 850C is in the little league compared to those two.
Did you have the 850c? Have you changed?

·
UHD Addict
38,235 Posts
Did you have the 850c? Have you changed?
I still have and use my 850C. But once I got a 2018 TCL 6 series, the 850C became a secondary set. I had originally purchased a TCL 8 Series to replace my 850C last fall. But I went through several sets with issues and eventually gave up. I plan on getting something later this year. Probably the new TCL 6 series that is 8K. Or maybe the new TCL 8 series that is also an 8K set.

Unless the new SOny A90J OLED drops a ton in price. That is the first OLED set I have seriously considered purchasing.

15221 - 15240 of 15243 Posts