AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 966 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have been researching the Z9F for a couple weeks now and have read the manual on it. The x9000F was just released yesterday but at being a 2.1 SB it doesn't really thrill me. I've been 2.1 before and now have a 3.1 and feel the difference is significant with the center channel. Of course at 3 Cnotes more for the Z9F it's not trivial. I do wish that it had 3 HDMI inputs on it as it leaves me short one that would satisfy everything that I have hooked to my TV. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a pre-order as the release date is the 15th but still have some reservations.
Still a little foggy as to how they are pulling off the vertical height without any top speakers however? It seems that some people at CES were quite impressed with the unit but of course there have been no "real" world reviews yet that I can find.
Gerry

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have been researching the Z9F for a couple weeks now and have read the manual on it. The x9000F was just released yesterday but at being a 2.1 SB it doesn't really thrill me. I've been 2.1 before and now have a 3.1 and feel the difference is significant with the center channel. Of course at 3 Cnotes more for the Z9F it's not trivial. I do wish that it had 3 HDMI inputs on it as it leaves me short one that would satisfy everything that I have hooked to my TV. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a pre-order as the release date is the 15th but still have some reservations.
Still a little foggy as to how they are pulling off the vertical height without any top speakers however? It seems that some people at CES were quite impressed with the unit but of course there have been no "real" world reviews yet that I can find.
Gerry
The only review/listening impression I could find was this one from CES:

https://www.stuff.tv/sony/ht-z9f/review

I suspect the Z9F will be great for movies, but there may be better options for music. The Z9F uses 3 full range drivers and their appears to be no porting to extend low range frequency response. The sub is also front ported, which implies they're using the sub to fill out the upper-bass/lower-midrange.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The only review/listening impression I could find was this one from CES:

https://www.stuff.tv/sony/ht-z9f/review

I suspect the Z9F will be great for movies, but there may be better options for music. The Z9F uses 3 full range drivers and their appears to be no porting to extend low range frequency response. The sub is also front ported, which implies they're using the sub to fill out the upper-bass/lower-midrange.
Yes, I had read that review previously and they don't seem to think it's too bad a unit. Personally I am not an audiophile but do like nice sound and effects. I would not be using it to listen to music. Just TV and movies from disc or streaming. I may wait awhile to see how it pans out or maybe not ;).
Gerry

Reactions: euckersw

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will write immediately that I am from Poland and it is very surprising for me because in Poland this Soundbar is almost in all major stores, but in the Sony Center it is not there and it is not even known when it will be. Always in the US it was all faster and here the review is missing, and what's more on amazon this sounbar will be available only on April 23. can someone explain it to me? I am waiting for this equipment and I am waiting for a review from your forum. Do you know when the review will appear? do reviewers have any locks? as it is in the case of games. This question is addressed to and from the avs forum

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I've bought ma ZF9 yesterday and have some problems with it. I've connected HDMI out grom3 soundbar to ARC in tv(55xe9305). Then I've plugged my Ps4 Pro to Hdmi1 and UHD Player Ubp-700x to hdmi2. As for Ps4 sound and visuals are ok. Unfortunatelly I have no sound from UHD player. Hdmi cable is ok, same as of soundbar input. I've tried to connect UHD visuals directly to tv and audio with second hdmi cable to soundbar and it worked but i don't want to use such method cause Ps4 is working normaly. Please help

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hi, I've bought ma ZF9 yesterday and have some problems with it. I've connected HDMI out grom3 soundbar to ARC in tv(55xe9305). Then I've plugged my Ps4 Pro to Hdmi1 and UHD Player Ubp-700x to hdmi2. As for Ps4 sound and visuals are ok. Unfortunatelly I have no sound from UHD player. Hdmi cable is ok, same as of soundbar input. I've tried to connect UHD visuals directly to tv and audio with second hdmi cable to soundbar and it worked but i don't want to use such method cause Ps4 is working normaly. Please help
Your post is a little hard to understand. You don't say whether of not your getting a picture on your TV with the X700? You said you have no sound. I assume first off that you are switching the soundbar to HDMI 2 for the X700? Secondly if you are getting a picture on the TV but no sound then you need to go into the "settings" on the X700 and make sure it is set to output sound through the video/audio hdmi connector and not the "audio only" hdmi connector of the X700.
Gerry

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
just ordered this from BB, should receive by Friday. I currently have the HT-X9000F which I will probably end up returning due to some intermittent signal issues with both Dolby Vision and HDR10.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
just ordered this from BB, should receive by Friday. I currently have the HT-X9000F which I will probably end up returning due to some intermittent signal issues with both Dolby Vision and HDR10.
I saw your post over in the 9000F thread on the problems. Guess you didn't get them fixed. I have a preorder in at Crutchfield for the Z9F at this point. Let us know your thoughts on the Z9F when you get it.
Gerry

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I saw your post over in the 9000F thread on the problems. Guess you didn't get them fixed. I have a preorder in at Crutchfield for the Z9F at this point. Let us know your thoughts on the Z9F when you get it.
Gerry
i did not. i have tried switching cables, etc. All my cables are certified premium at 18Gbps. I even have one that claims bandwidth up to 48 Gbps (Belkin Ultra High Speed). Funny thing is I had the HTST5000 as well at one point and had no signal issues using the same cables I'm using now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pick up this last night at bb haven't watched a movie yet i will tonight, just listening to the tv content and casting utube it sounds decent, easy to set up to my sony 930e and fits perfect underneath it not compromiseing any picture loss. The demo disk played through the ps4 sounded really good, cant wait to crank it up tonight

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Pick up this last night at bb haven't watched a movie yet i will tonight, just listening to the tv content and casting utube it sounds decent, easy to set up to my sony 930e and fits perfect underneath it not compromiseing any picture loss. The demo disk played through the ps4 sounded really good, cant wait to crank it up tonight
Looking forward to your review.

I've ordered mine last week, waiting to receive.:(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry i cant answer much about the sound yet it was late when i returned home and baby was sleeping, but i should be able to answer ? 'S about setup etc

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another problem - when I setki HDMI in tv to enhanced format and setki enhanced hdmi signal on soundbar I ony get sound without visuals. To get video I nerd to Haven standard format on tv and enhanced on soundbar or vice versa... Stanę cause over the weekend everything was ok...

·
Registered
38 Posts
May i ask what kind of tv? Are ya useing the supplied hdmi cable? When in enhanced format the tv has to support high bandwidth, if the tv supports this high bandwidth such as 4k 60p 4:4:4 enhanced format should produce a picture

·
Registered
272 Posts
How is the Vertical Sound Engine, folks? When you try an Atmos demo or Blu-ray, do you hear convincing height effects? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

21 - 40 of 966 Posts