AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 966 Posts

·
Banned
829 Posts
Just ps4 pro watching a blueray as we speak, went after work and got the rear speakers listened to some atmos content on utube this thing rocks for what it is and the size of the speakers
That’s not actual Atmos content as an FYI. You only get Atmos from Atmos blu-rays
(players, Xbox, PS4) and games (Xbox only) and from the Dolby access app on LG TV’s and can be downloaded on Xbox and windows 10 PC’s.

I assure you, you’ll know when it’s Atmos. The real Atmos stuff off the app is pretty awesome.
Sony ps4 wont play atmos content on disc
Is this a question or a statement? The PS4 can pass Atmos off blu-rays. Games don’t support it though as they haven’t paid Dolby for the rights.

https://developer.dolby.com/blog/enabling-dolby-bitstream-pass-through-on-playstation/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry it was a ? And thanks for the answer, so if the playstion is set up right it will decode atmos just not 4k content right? Just upscaled close to 4k?

·
Registered
139 Posts
No i'm affraid, just 4k standard format instead of enhanced.
what does this mean exactly?

according to the sony website it states

Enjoy all your movies in 4K HDR quality
With the latest 4K HDR 18 Gbps pass through and HDCP 2.2, the HT-Z9F is made for the latest home cinema formats.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
To be honest this thread has been a fragmented mess this week as people are throwing out problems that may or not be true across the masses. I have not seen any diagnostic troubleshooting or any calls to Sony support on the posts that say the SB will NOT pass Full Bandwidth (4K/60Hz at 4.4.4) as indicated by the specs of the unit.
People here that own the SB need to provide better information as to what there setup is and what they are trying to do, what have they done to correct the issue (ie call Sony). All of this in concise wording that doesn't ramble on from post to post. Just my thoughts until mine ships...
Gerry

·
Registered
139 Posts
To be honest this thread has been a fragmented mess this week as people are throwing out problems that may or not be true across the masses. I have not seen any diagnostic troubleshooting or any calls to Sony support on the posts that say the SB will NOT pass Full Bandwidth (4K/60Hz at 4.4.4) as indicated by the specs of the unit.
People here that own the SB need to provide better information as to what there setup is and what they are trying to do, what have they done to correct the issue (ie call Sony). All of this in concise wording that doesn't ramble on from post to post. Just my thoughts until mine ships...
Gerry
To be honest this is somewhat how I feel right now. Until I get my own I'm just trying to find reviews/impressions. I hope that Mark is going to do a review of the unit as I enjoy reading his reviews/impressions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd say wow!! i looked today at the local best buys in my area and over half had them for sale today.
I just ordered the HT-Z9F from Best Buy with the rear wireless speakers, will use with Sony A1E OLED tv.
It may arrive Friday.....will let you know if it is worth the money.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I'd say wow!! i looked today at the local best buys in my area and over half had them for sale today.
I checked this morning and the best buy near me says they have a few in stock. However, I really have a hard time coughing up the sales tax compared to ordering on line ;).
Gerry

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just ordered the HT-Z9F from Best Buy with the rear wireless speakers, will use with Sony A1E OLED tv.
It may arrive Friday.....will let you know if it is worth the money.
Already have mine and love it!!! I paired it to my sony 930e 65in btw nice set you have there!!! That A1E has a sharp picture

·
Registered
38 Posts
I checked this morning and the best buy near me says they have a few in stock. However, I really have a hard time coughing up the sales tax compared to
ordering on line /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif.
Gerry
Thats Understandable, i live in illinois they hit me for $ they can lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry it was a ? And thanks for the answer, so if the playstion is set up right it will decode atmos just not 4k content right? Just upscaled close to 4k?
Yes, follow that link for Atmos. As far as upscaling, I assume it does the same as games, upscaled.
Thanks much appreciated!! I will be trying this out tonight. thanks again😎

·
Registered
272 Posts
Gerry
Yeah, I think a couple of people got units with defective passthrough that they should return to the retailer. This happens all the time with soundbars.

Still waiting for someone, anyone to comment on the effectiveness of the virtual height effects :D

How are they in Dolby mode? Neural:X?

Reactions: euckersw

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks much appreciated!! I will be trying this out tonight. thanks again😎

Hello, I see that a few people intend to buy or have already purchased soundbar zf9. I have a request for you, can any of you write a short review? how does the soundbar work in music and movies and do you feel the sound of Dolby Atmos, and most importantly how it works with f9 in relation to ht-st 5000. In addition, I would like to know if buying these additional speakers is necessary to experience Dolby Atmos?

·
Registered
272 Posts
This is an expensive soundbar for what is offered. I'm interested but I'm going to wait on reviews before I jump.
I don't know, I think it seems like a strong value competitor to the popular Sonos and Bose setups, which cost $1700 for 5.1

61 - 80 of 966 Posts