AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

thinking about getting a blu-ray. what is the difference between the sony 300 & 500?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsonjune /forum/post/12924372

Hello All,

thinking about getting a blu-ray. what is the difference between the sony 300 & 500?

Mainly the audio support. See the Player Comparison in my signature.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello namechamps,

if i do this, i'll use the 6-channel output from the sony to the 6-channel input to a rotel rsp-1068. i'm happy with 5.1 sound. i tried 6.1 but wasn't impressed. for now 5.1 will work for me. it will be to much $$ to upgrade my sound to the new formats.

will i get a better 5.1 sound from the 6-channel out/in or coaxial / toslink?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I need to make the same decision either today or over the weekend. Assuming I'm running it through a Dennon 3808 to a Pannty AE2000u, is there any tangible benefit to the 500? Is there a material difference in load times? What can I anticipate load time wise for both units?

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msf4717 /forum/post/12931749

I need to make the same decision either today or over the weekend. Assuming I'm running it through a Dennon 3808 to a Pannty AE2000u, is there any tangible benefit to the 500? Is there a material difference in load times? What can I anticipate load time wise for both units?

Thanks,

Michael

Load times between the two are pretty significant. The S500 is faster.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsonjune /forum/post/12931497

Hello namechamps,

if i do this, i'll use the 6-channel output from the sony to the 6-channel input to a rotel rsp-1068. i'm happy with 5.1 sound. i tried 6.1 but wasn't impressed. for now 5.1 will work for me. it will be to much $$ to upgrade my sound to the new formats.

will i get a better 5.1 sound from the 6-channel out/in or coaxial / toslink?

Stick with the analog connections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts