AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I want this tv. However I watch 95 percent regular cable/replay tv.

I will probably get hd but there are only a few channels thru rcn. Would this tv display analog/digital cable as well as say the sony kv-fs320 ?

HDTV is cool and all but truth is I would watch very little of it. I also definitely want a 4:3 tv as that is all my wall unit can accomodate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this T.V. HDTV is great via component input.I play digital and analog cable through composite input.Obviously digital is better than analog-but both are quite good.My cable provider is Comcast.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know hd would be great. But I am interested to know if it can display digital/analog cable better than a top analog only set.

If its about the same I could live with it...

·
Registered
Sony A90J panel; Marantz SR7015 AVR; Paradigm Signature speakers; Oppo 203 and Panasonic 820 UHD BR.
4,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gdog2004
I know hd would be great. But I am interested to know if it can display digital/analog cable better than a top analog only set.

If its about the same I could live with it...
I own the 27HS420. Your comment is exactly the question that I had a month ago. I went to CC and watched for a couple of hours side-by-side, their analog stuff with the 27HS420. I could tell you my opinion, but it is NOT your opinion...which matters the most. Let me just day again, that I now own the Sony 27HS420.

Do a search on here.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank wolvy--but i would like your opinon too...my local cc has everything set to high def and claim they cant even show the high def tv's on regular cable due to their feed. So feel free to chime in...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
my local cc has everything set to high def and claim they cant even show the high def tv's on regular cable due to their feed.
Sounds like a sales strategy to sell more sets while you are still wowed with the HD picture. They don't want you to see the set with a SD picture in case it is less impressive. The best thing would be to tell the sales manager why you are taking your business elsewhere. I just take my tivo to the store and ask them to plug it into the set I want to demo. This works great as I am very familiar with the material on the tivo. I've had a few protests, but when I insisted that I would not consider buying if I couldn't plug the tivo in.. every store has relented so far.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have owned the 32HS420 since mid-August and can't say a bad thing about it. Your PQ will depend greatly on your input source. I have Comcast and the quality of SD is great.

You may wish to cailbrate your set also as many of have done. It will improve the PQ even more.

·
Registered
Sony A90J panel; Marantz SR7015 AVR; Paradigm Signature speakers; Oppo 203 and Panasonic 820 UHD BR.
4,187 Posts
I am quite satisfies with the PQ of my 27HS420 w/ SD material. It is one of the principal reasons I bought it over any other direct-view CRT. I think the 4:3 build of my unit, the relatively small screen (not a LOT of stretch) and Sony's technology has combined to make the SD (I have Directv) material MUCH more watchable than my Sony 50" LCD (HD also). I think the best analog of comparable size do a little better job w/ SD, but not by much. My picture on SD is a little SOFT on some material, but very, very watchable. I love this unit as a "betweener" that can handle SD material as well as offering AWESOME HD P.Q. (of course).

Bottom line, you have to be happy with it...but I know that I am, and like most on here, very "picky" about P.Q.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.