AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 32HS510 has a slight red line at the top, left hand corner of the picture when the TV is doing the 720 or 1080 thing... it sits on top of the picture, it's very slight.. like a little red thread sitting on the corner of the picture. Anyone else notice this? Is this a convergence problem. How would I dig into the service menu to address something like this.

thanks!!

mikep

·
Registered
280 Posts
From your description, it sounds like a very slight convergence problem. In reality, there isn't an awful lot you can do, because although there are a few service menu adjustments that can be performed, it's generally not recommended since you can screw things up quite a bit if you are not careful. If it makes you feel better, no current flat screen direct-view monitor has perfect convergence. I'd say live with it, unless it's to the point where focal points on the picture appear to bleed. In that particular case, I suggest you call Sony.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Is there any chance you could post a picture of this, mikeyp? Have you done any work in the service menu already, perhaps overscan adjustments?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have seen this problem on four 32HS510's. Two I've had in my home, one at circuit city, and one at another store where I made the purchase (but that one was very good overall and I didn't see the problem in the store when I bought the set).

Based on what I've seen so far, it will be impossible to get a 32hs510 with good convergence. Too bad, because I think it has many other fine qualities.

I am now looking at panasonics, the store I made the purchase will order a 32hl44 when they are released in may.

Has anyone had the horizontal convergence successfully adjusted by a service tech?

My old sony 32xbr100 had nearly perfect convergence. Could not see any problems at all. Sony is going backwards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mdporter
...Based on what I've seen so far, it will be impossible to get a 32hs510 with good convergence. Too bad, because I think it has many other fine qualities.

I am now looking at panasonics, the store I made the purchase will order a 32hl44 when they are released in may...
Don't hold your breath on the Panasonics. The HL42 was bad enough with what I'd call 'terrible' convergence (at least as far as a HDTV goes). The HL43's convergence was marginally better but still not good, but the overall picture quality was terrible.

The Sony HS510 is *infinitely* better in terms of picture quality. Sound is another issue. Read my detailed account of the Panasonic fiasco (3 strikes...) in:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=405485

Cheers,

Brian Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.