AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
I don't know if it has been discontinued but the new model the 32HS500 is due out around June 5th. The new model resembles the 40" wega and has many new features. Go to Crutchfield.com to take a look at it, also it retails now for $1499

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wilkemp,

Thanks! That model sounds even better(?) and it appears it will cost less.

I will definitely wait the short time to see it.

Also, do you know much about the HS600. It is almost the same. I'm just wondering if it will be worth the extra money. The only two differnces I see are 1)something to do with the sound, which I do not care about; and 2)a upgraded DRC(?).

·
Registered
384 Posts
That I dont know, honestly I feel many of the differences are subtle ones as far as all brands are concerned and only a true "technofile" made that up myself, would actually notice any difference. As of right now I can tell the difference between digital and analog but beyond that it really doesnt matter to me. Its all personal taste

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm making the same choice right now -- buy the 500 or wait for the 600.

HS600 differences:

-wide band video amplifier (might improve the picture a bit?)

-A DRC that you can shut off (with DRC, a noisy signal may result in annoying artifacts)

I'm not sure, but there might be a warranty period difference as there was between the HS and XBR series.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.