AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is my first post on this site but I have used it for a while.

My question is for people who have or have used the Sony 32xbr6 for gaming etc. Im wondering if lag and ghosting is a issues with this tv. I tried nhl 08/09 on this tv and I didnt notice a small trail of color behind the my character as he moved and mostly the trailer came from the red arrow point down at the character.... Im wondering if this trail is possibly more noticable or enhanced due to the ice being super white look with such bright colors moving fast across it? ALso maybe this is something common for most lcds with hockey games etc....

Anyway the tv I have is the KDL32VL140...which is a repackaged 32xbr6 that futureshop was offering for cmas....but I only had to pay $650....which is a steal compared to the actual xbr price.....

Anyway if anyone could give me comments about playing games on this tv and how it handles fast motion in games such as Call Of Duty, Racing Games, Fighting etc..... I still have 3 weeks until I cant bring it back and im trying to see if I should keep it.....I have searched this site and barely anyone ever mentions video games and their performance in the threads talking about the 32xbr6 so im hoping some people will be able to help.

K thx!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My question is kinda related but I've been looking at lots of TV's from Sony and from what I've seen, every single TV is rated at 8ms.

You'd think that all of Sony's TV would be horrible for motion, especially in games, but a lot of people recommand them on this board so I'm I missing something

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also noticed they are all 8ms.....so im thinking....sony makes game systems as well and are pushing their ps3 etc....so Id think that there tvs are made to handle their gaming systems etc as well....

But I would really like people to focus on gaming etc since it prob the most popular thing people do on hd sets and give us an opinion instead of saying go buy this $2000 - $3000 tv...because thats just not practical most of the time lol.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so last night I noticed I could toss my xbox 360 on 1:1 pixel mapping and the picture became sharper and things such as my dashboard got smaller.....which is what made everything even sharper....this was on 1080p output settings..... Does anyone know if there if it is a good or bad thing to used 1:1 pixel mapping on things such as a 360/ps3 because I was wondering will it hurt the response and ghosting etc of the tv etc????

Any peoples thoughts or knowledge would be great thx!

* I just double checked what setting I was playing with and it was the screen setting I changed it from normal to Full Pixel and the picture size decreased and got sharper...everything got a tiny bit smaller but I duno is it a good thing to have on?

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOG FunK /forum/post/15544019

Ok so last night I noticed I could toss my xbox 360 on 1:1 pixel mapping and the picture became sharper and things such as my dashboard got smaller.....which is what made everything even sharper....this was on 1080p output settings..... Does anyone know if there if it is a good or bad thing to used 1:1 pixel mapping on things such as a 360/ps3 because I was wondering will it hurt the response and ghosting etc of the tv etc????

Any peoples thoughts or knowledge would be great thx!

* I just double checked what setting I was playing with and it was the screen setting I changed it from normal to Full Pixel and the picture size decreased and got sharper...everything got a tiny bit smaller but I duno is it a good thing to have on?

You're eliminating overscan, which is why everything got a bit smaller (image was stretched slightly beyond the edges of the screen before). As long as you don't have any strange or annoying artifacts around the edges of your screen, I'd leave it on Full Pixel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah sweet thx jeeper!

yeah im not to tv savy yet other then knowing whats good and whats bad....but good to know about the overscan....any other tips?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cant really help you on the 32inch but I have a 46 and its amazing for blu-rays and games I use a ps3 and hdmi I love my tv.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright thx!

Yeah I have both ps3 and the 360 :/ so I still duno if im going to keep it or not for the price I got it for I dont think I can do much better....only paid $650 canadian... so.... yeah thats a pretty good deal since the 32xbr6 is usually listed for at least over $1100 around here...

Im going to keep testing it tho...still have a while b4 I cant take it back if I dont want it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts