AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get some dimensional drawings for the Sony 34" widescreen? I'm going to have to get a carpentar to modify my entertainment cabinet and it would help to do my own homework first.

I'm really concerned with how the tube in the back is shaped as if you were looking at it from the top.

If you have this unit maybe you can measure the depth from the outside in and respond with these dimensions. Give me the depths at the corners and every 6" inward.

This cabinet is built-in to a corner (45 degrees) making the depths critical for modification. I may have to consider a Flat Panel Television if this unit is too deep.

Thanks

HZ:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
From Sony's web site for the HS510:

Dimensions: . (W x H x D) approx. 39 1/8 x 24 1/2 x 23 1/4" (994 x 622 x 591mm)

It also weighs 201lbs, so make sure whatever you get can suppor it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

I know what it is in the center. What I'm looking for is how deep it is as you go from the outside in...

Since my ent. cab. is built into a 45 degree angle, the usable depth diminishes as you approach the outside of the cabinet.

What I'm looking for is maybe a CAD drawing or something to scale from the top view.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently cut a hole in my ent center to accomodate the HS510. The rear of the unit is almost flat across. The rear of the unit basically spans a dimension of about 24" wide x 22" high. I cut a hole in my center that was about 25" wide by 23" high to give a little clearance for the rear of the unit. The rear of the tube is almost flush with the ground. The set is about 39" wide at the front, but tapers to about 34 1/2" wide 9-10" back from the front.

The top of the unit has a flat portion that runs the entire width of the unit about 10" back to accomodate a center channel speaker, if yours is not too deep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.