AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to break the rules about mentioning pricing, but does anyone discount the XBR910? What's the lowest price one could expect to pay? Around the Chicago area it is only advertised at list price and never goes on sale. I think only CC and Abt carry that model around here. Kind of bothers me that around here there isn't much competition for AV equipment and most everyone, including BB and CC, sell most high-end items at list price. Anyone think it might go on sale around or after Xmas?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Poncho
I don't want to break the rules about mentioning pricing, but does anyone discount the XBR910? What's the lowest price one could expect to pay? Around the Chicago area it is only advertised at list price and never goes on sale. I think only CC and Abt carry that model around here. Kind of bothers me that around here there isn't much competition for AV equipment and most everyone, including BB and CC, sell most high-end items at list price. Anyone think it might go on sale around or after Xmas?
Well people seem to be finding different prices at different Circuit City regions, but the MSRP was originally 2499 and at least here in San Francisco it's avaiable for a few hundred less, at least that was the case on my last visit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go to ABT or ABT online chat to deal the price.

And go to CC with the price and ask them to beat it.

I stopped at the moment and bought at CC on Elston Ave in Chicago.

You may do more travel between ABT and CC for more discounted price.

Good luck.

I bought KV-34XBR910 on 9/6 and it was delivered on 9/11.

I'm happy with it so far. Why I bought at CC is CC has better return policy-

30 day no question asked return without restoking fee.

Delivery is not free though. It depends on your deal with CC guys.

If you want to hear real purchase price, please PM me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The TV is probably just too new. As time goes by, more and more merchants will begin to carry the model. I bought my 34xbr800 last year for an outrageous discount over the net. I did all my homework to make sure they were indeed a Sony authorized reseller, to ensure the 2 year warrantee. No tax, and about $70 for shipping saved me hundreds of dollars on an awesome tv set.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
BTW surprisingly, the CC price went back up to $2499.

·
Registered
109 Posts
CC in Daly City CA (town right beside San Francisco) had a better deal than the one in SF last saturday. Seems like they put up this sale prices on weekends. so try visiting them then. Thats where I decided to get mine. But there is a waiting period of maybe a month??

·
Registered
86 Posts
In Norwalk, CT, the CC was selling for a $100 discount and then put it back up the MSRP, though this was all during the week. I didn't see what they're doing on the weekend.

ShopSunshine has a good price online but it's a $200 delivery fee. I'm close enough I could drive and save the delivery fee but asking a neighbor to help you with a 200 lb TV? Well, from the looks of them, none of my neighbors are up to it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
a buck and a quarter over the glendale guy deal is not a bad deal. so i swallowed the difference and took it. did not even plan on buying that day but the deal is too good to pass. my plan was to wait till they(cc) put it on sale the same price as they have in a one day stevens creek intro sale price a few weeks ago, till last saturdays thing presented itself...good luck and just be patient I guess. it'll come for sure...they've got to have a slow month sometime.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you live in Chicago, you want to buy from Abt. Go to their store in the north suburbs and talk to the salespeople. Of course the listed price is at $2499, but if you haggle with them they will come down in price. How much they come down depends on your negotiating skills.

·
Registered
155 Posts
tech_rich:

A buddy and I uncrated and placed my xbr910 on a stand, but it was a job I wouldn't want to do again. In addition to being bulky, the 910 is unbalanced when two people are lifting it due to it being front heavy. Getting 2 of your buddies to help would probably make the job much easier, as one could then lift from the front to help balance it. If you're married, your spouse could probably do the front lifting since that's more a balance issue than load lifting. If you could get 3 buddies to help, and simply do the supervising, that would be even better.....:)

(I ordered on-line, but the delivery fee which exceeded $200 did not include set-up--just place it inside the door still in the carton. The delivery man was firm on that. "White glove" delivery was a bit more costly (by about $50), but does include unpacking and set-up. If you do decide to do the pick-up and save the $200, you probably also would want to rent one of those 2 wheel trolleys--or whatever they're called--since they're a big help in moving heavy items about, and you'd be less likely to drop it.)

Regards,

Fitzie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.