AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do users deal with the fact these sets do not have discrete codes when programming their remotes? I am looking for a work-around that will elminate the need to make my macros relative to each other. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
With some TVs, pushing the Channel Up (or Down) button changes the Input to one that uses the TV internal tuner (often Antenna A or something similar). By incorporating this in a macro, you have a known state from which you can add the proper number of Input button presses to get to the input you want.

That being said, I believe there are discrete codes available for at least the 34XBR800. What remote do you have?

BTW, how's everything in Beantown? I used to live and work there and I went to school nearby in Worcester.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info and the weather is finally getting better here in Boston. I am using a Kameleon, which is limited to about 6 macros so I dont like wasting 2 on each function. The Antenna button on my TV does send it back to the cable input but for some reason it cannot be learned. My friend was also unable to learn it on his MX500, so I dont know what the deal is.

What would you recommend as the most wife-friendly remote with at least 10 macros?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DooDoo

What would you recommend as the most wife-friendly remote with at least 10 macros?
You said it in your post: MX-500

It's the only one my wife uses. :D

I'm not sure how you're using the macros, but if you make activity based ones like "Watch DVD, TV, Tivo etc.", you might get by with six more easily. That's still not very many though. :(

BTW, there are discretes available for the 34XBR800 on Remote Central.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. I assume that these advanced codes will work for my sony tv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.