AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a backup of a movie that I own (thats how i got the .iso) It plays on my PC just fine, but will NOT play on my Sony soundbar 3D player OR my Sony PLaystation 3....says invalid on player and nothing on PS3..both are updated from "network update"

is there anything I can do? Thanks

·
Registered
2,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike12 /forum/post/20859869

I made a backup of a movie that I own (thats how i got the .iso) It plays on my PC just fine, but will NOT play on my Sony soundbar 3D player OR my Sony PLaystation 3....says invalid on player and nothing on PS3..both are updated from "network update"

is there anything I can do? Thanks

If this disk appears on the PS3 XMB (Xross Media Bar) under the film icon, but you cannot access any content or information with the triangle button, the disk may not be authored correctly. This means that the program you used to create the .iso or burn it to the BD-R (you didn't say which this was) was not operated correctly or did not function correctly. Contact the vendor of that software for help, or check their support pages.

If the disk does not appear in the XMB under the film icon on the PS3, there might be a problem with the particular BD-R media not being able to inter-operate with the players.

The reason why a PC works is that the drive for the PC might be more tolerant to reading a marginal disk, and / or the software in the PC might be more robust to function with disks that are not authored correctly. Sometimes changing to a different brand of media, or writing the disk at a slower speed can make a difference.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

I used two diffrent methods.. AnyDVD HD to "rip to.ISO" the Power DVD to burn... didnt work in my PS3 (on bar either) or on my Standalone 3D sony BR player..

THen I used, ImgBrn..Default everthing.. Still didnt work..

What should I use I will buy anything as long as it works.. I dont have diffrent media at the moment so any other software and or updated guides I can follow?

do ALL models of Playstation 3 support BD-R? mine is a first gen series.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike12 /forum/post/20862361

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

I used two diffrent methods.. AnyDVD HD to "rip to.ISO" the Power DVD to burn... didnt work in my PS3 (on bar either) or on my Standalone 3D sony BR player..

THen I used, ImgBrn..Default everthing.. Still didnt work..

What should I use I will buy anything as long as it works.. I dont have diffrent media at the moment so any other software and or updated guides I can follow?

do ALL models of Playstation 3 support BD-R? mine is a first gen series.

Please specify exactly which make and model of burner you are using and it's firmware revision. Also exactly which type of media brand and part number are you using?

If you have not yet made any 2D bluray BD-R, try that to see if this works, as I suspect this could reveal that the issue is not 3D specific, especially since you do not see the disk on the bar. Older PS3 will work with BD-R, but maybe the laser in the PS3 is nearing the end of its life and may be weak.

Do you have a way to try these BD-R disks in another player or other PS3? Typically the burner / reader drives for PCs are much more robust than the read only drives in players and PS3.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to get the Specs on the Burner and BD-r Media..

However, Last night I used "Blue Cloner 2" to "copy" 2 diffrent BluRays (one 3D and one 2D)

and it actually worked up to the Main Menu...Let me pick scenes etc,, but it never plays.... just goes back to the main menu..

How is this even almost possible????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.