AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·


I'm a bit confused. Which would have the better picture? And is that sound quality? I've seen the EX400 in person and liked what I saw but the B530, which I would guess looks alot like the C530(which wasn't on display), had brighter colors. Would that be a fair assessment of the differences between Samsung and Sony panels (more saturated colors)? Would more saturated colors be preferred for gaming?


Also, I noticed the Sony does have response time listed on the sites I've visited, while the C530 is at 6ms. Would you expect the Sony to perform better or on par with the Samsung?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McUndecided /forum/post/18249999


I've seen the EX400 in person and liked what I saw but the B530, had brighter colors.


funny, i'm actually online right now researching for a friend who's trying to decide on the 46" of either of these models . . .


so any opinions would be helpful. . .
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McUndecided /forum/post/18249999


I'm a bit confused. Which would have the better picture? And is that sound quality? I've seen the EX400 in person and liked what I saw but the B530, which I would guess looks alot like the C530(which wasn't on display), had brighter colors. Would that be a fair assessment of the differences between Samsung and Sony panels (more saturated colors)? Would more saturated colors be preferred for gaming?


Also, I noticed the Sony does have response time listed on the sites I've visited, while the C530 is at 6ms. Would you expect the Sony to perform better or on par with the Samsung?

oops my bad. what i meant was both have equally good picture quality, however samsung sound quality is bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsallen /forum/post/18254405


oops my bad. what i meant was both have equally good picture quality, however samsung sound quality is bad.

Awesome. Would you happen to agree with anything else I said, such as the differences in color or could it be the setting BB had the televisions on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynLiquorstorz /forum/post/18250870


funny, i'm actually online right now researching for a friend who's trying to decide on the 46" of either of these models . . .


so any opinions would be helpful. . .

If you come across anything interesting in your research please feel free to share it.


EDIT: Curious to know...how would this Sony compare to a C Panel C530, which this particular Samsung will probably be shipping with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
yesterday morning, my Older 27" Samsung HD CRT died. (was on and working. went to turn it off ((or it turned off by itself)) and the screen flash with a ghosted box in the middle with a red/green/blue bars on the screen for a second. the tv would no longer turn on)

My wife and I had a marathon HDTV research for the 40"/42" range. was actually narrowed down to the Sony 40ex400 and Samsung ln40c530. i was set on the Sony due to highed dynamic contrast. Sony was 120,000:1 and Samsung was 80,000:1. I have a Sony blu-ray player (BDP-S350) so i figured they would match up nicely. Of course, i had to see them in action. went to the local BB and looked at the TVs. both looked amazing by any means. however, i just some some better colors and quality IMO with the samsung. Price is always a factor. i got an open box deal (was on display for 1 day) for $599. had to go with the Samsung. Got it home, mounted on the wall (replacing a Westnghouse 32" LCD whcih had 720p and 1200:1 contast) With a little picture adjusting using transfomers 2 blu-ray via HDMI though Pioneer VSX-819H-K as the source.

I will tell you. i have no complaints. i turned off the dynamic contast setting for the blu-ray, but have it on for TV. this is only day 1, but i think it is going to be a great tv.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand the colors being better on the Samsung, but what else about the picture stood out to you? And also, are you gaming on the Sammy, and if so, how's the lag?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top