AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I own a Sony 40U2000 TV and was trying to get the set to turn on with the hdmi input selected.

By entering the service menu and setting it to hotel mode I hoped to be able to get this done.

This didn't worked out the way I planned and now the set doesn't respond to pretty much anything.

It will turn on and I can see the back-light but no image whatsoever.

It doesn't seem to respond to the remote at all, the buttons on the tv will only make the green light blink.

After about half a minute the tv will go back in standby mode.

Does anybody have an idea how to get this undone?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,

Jur

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Hotel mode probably only supports the hotel's cable service and once it cable mode only the service company or the hotel knows how to get it back to retail customer mode. Contact the company that sold you the unit or contact Sony. Hotel mode is normally used to keep customers from stealing the TV's or using them with their own TV/movie playback devices.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fully understand this, but the unit has never been in a hotel. So I have no clue which company I could contact. And even if I would I can imagine they will not be interested in helping me out as a private person. At least not without sending a big bill afterwards. Do you think there is really no other option? Maybe some hard reset or something? Or maybe even replace a chip inside? I am willing to try anything as the tv is useless like this.

Thank you for your answer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried already, also with power button on the set as others are saying. But no luck.

Thanks for your effort anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have found someone on the internet that has this problem fixed by sony a couple of years ago.

The guy thinks to remember the "processor board" was replaced, but he is not sure.

Now I have 2 questions for which I hope somebody here would know the answer.

1. Does this seem possible, that a "processor board" needs replacement after selecting "hotel mode".?

2. This board :

"LVDS BOARD FR SONY KDL-40S2010 KDL-40U2000 40" LCD TV 400WSC4LV0.4"

is the only part I can find on sell online (Ebay), could this be the "processor board", or if not is there a change the problem will be fixed by replacing this board in my set?

Thanks very much for your time!

Jur

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
It may not have been in a hotel but apparently it has the option in the service menu to put it into Hotel Mode and normal service mode does not have the ability to take it back out.

Have you contaced the firm that sold you the set or Sony yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought it of a friend of mine, so no warranty. I could contact him regarding this issue, but I don't think that will get me any further.

I do have an update from the guy who got this same thing fixes by Sony few years back.

On the receipt of the fit it says; The "system control board" is replaced.

Now I am wishing that one of you would be so kind to take the time to try to find out a part number for this.

I did find a website with a extended manual, and I guess the answer is in there somewhere, but i do not know where to look for.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/31913291/SONY-KDL-26U2000-32U2000-40U2000-chassis-SE-1

If somebody would be able to find the part no. for the system control board or the board that is most likely meant by this description I would be very happy, because I think I will be able to buy this of Ebay, or find it in a similar tv with broken LCD or whatsoever.

Thanks everyone so far for taking your time to help me out.

Jur

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to add, I did have contact with Sony, but they had no idea and told me to send it in. I know it costed the other guy €190,- to get it fixed. And I think that is a bit to much for what the TV is worth at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts