1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Here is the setup :

Antec NSK2480 Desktop case

GigaByte GA-E7AUM-DS2H (nforce 730i/ GPU geforce 9400)

Intel Dual Core E5200

Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 1TB

Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5/G 4GB Kit 800Mhz

I connected via HDMI cable directly to tv, nvidia drivers are the latest,

Image was bigger than TV screen, even with settings to 1920x1080, but realised that I have to setup to Full pixel. now image is ok, but no sound.

What do I have to do to setup audio output to use HDMI cable connected to TV?

Has anyone been able to setup a sony 40W4000 as display for htpc?

thanks for you help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbin /forum/post/15438411

With HDMI connected, press (on the Sony remote) Home->Settings-SetUp->Screen Settings->Display Area set to 1:1 or Full Pixel...

thanks for reply. I just realised that and made the setup. now I need to solve sound problem.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I'm running an E7AUM-DS2H into a 40W4000 via an Onkyo SR606 Amp.

You need to select HDMI audio in the Sound Control Panel - and also ensure you install the nVidia audio drivers for HDMI audio. (These are separate to the Realtek drivers for HD audio - which is output via analogue and SPDIF Toslink)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneals2000 /forum/post/15438750

I'm running an E7AUM-DS2H into a 40W4000 via an Onkyo SR606 Amp.

You need to select HDMI audio in the Sound Control Panel - and also ensure you install the nVidia audio drivers for HDMI audio. (These are separate to the Realtek drivers for HD audio - which is output via analogue and SPDIF Toslink)

that was the trick, realtek were selected, I put nvidia, now I have sound via TV speakers...thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.