AVS Forum banner

Keep my Sharp Aquos 46D62U or return it for Sony KDL-40XBR2? (Both are priced same.)

• Keep Sharp Aquos 46D62U

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Get Sony KDL-40XBR2

Votes: 9 75.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to make my mind on if I should return my Sharp Aquos 46D62U for a Sony KDL-40XBR2. They're about the same price and I'm losing 6 inches if I go with the Sony, but ultimately, I believe it has more features that I really want.

Main thing is the VGA port which Sharp lacks. I really want to hook my computer up to the TV, and also use the VGA port to connect my xbox360 for 1080p and upscaled DVD. Currently, I'm able to get 1080p with xbox360 through component on my Sharp and component won't upscale DVD movies.

There are minor issues not worth mentioning for wanting to return the Sharp for a Sony XBR2.

I'm really having trouble trying to make up my mind. I've been reading through countless threads the past month and it's driving me nuts. I'm also running out of time to return my Sharp.

Please vote if I should keep my Sharp Aquos 46D62U or return it for a Sony KDL-40XBR2 which costs the same. Please vote based on the situation I explained above, and your opinion of the picture quality on these sets. As of now, I don't really see the banding problem on my set and I plan to use whichever HDTV for 95% gaming (PC and Xbox360 and possibly PS3 later). I rarely watch TV but I do want to watch DVDs. Thank you in advance for your inputs.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have had both, I had a sharp 42d62u 46d62u sony 40v2500 and now 40xbr2

I tried 2 of each model of sharp. They both had either dead pixels or bands. I really didnt like the lack of VGA input and CMS settings.

On the sony's I had lots of clouds on the 40v2500 and it slowly drove me crazy, I exchanged it for the 40xbr2(and got it for $200 LESS than the v2500), it has a very small cloud in the top middle but it doesnt bother me AND I AM VERY PICKY! Also I love the CMS and Vga input on the sony. 3 HDMI inputs isnt bad either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.