AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went shopping for a 40XBR800 this PM. The dealer told me the 40XBR800 has just been discontinued. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I live in Montreal, Canada. My dealer is usually reliable.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have 1.....You can buy it off me if the price is right...

Actually I think this is the best TV on the market...(barring and complications)....I'm not sure if it's discontinued, but everything seems to be going widescreen in a hurry so maybe.......I still see it on display at CC or GG........Have you checked online?

You can either step down and get the 36 which is still a nice TV or you can go LCD........

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Denis54
I went shopping for a 40XBR800 this PM. The dealer told me the 40XBR800 has just been discontinued. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I live in Montreal, Canada. My dealer is usually reliable.
That could be true in the context that Sony has released their new XBR910 models. However, one thing to note is that the XBR800 series had 2 sets that were 4:3 aspect ratio, while the new XBR910 series only features a 34" 16:9 and a 30" 16:9.

Technically, as far as I know, there is no new Sony model coming out that will replace the 40XBR800 (meaning, no new 40" 4:3 XBR).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.