AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a Sony 46EX500 for my bedroom. being an audiophile, i'm interested in improving its sound, yet have it not be too complex and intrusive as it is for my bedroom.

i tried a pair of Behringer speakers (many Behringers are for music mixing and studios) and while they were not tiny, they were actually not that great at all - especially the highs (not crispy clear at all, muffled and veiled).

$260 price tag.

with that as background, may i ask what the good folks here might suggest as a way to improve the sound of my 46EX500? Kindly keep in mind that this is for my bedroom and that i only want a 2.1 system (or even 2.0) as i do not wish to have to deal with rear speakers.

hope to hear from you all.

thx in advance!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Soundbar with a wireless sub. I don't know about audiophile quality but if you adhere to the "you get what you pay for" mentality, they have them in many price points.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
If your truly the audiophile the SS can cost as much or more than the TV you just bought.

I would agree if your on a low budget and keep it simple a sound bar with sub may do the trick or an inexpensive HTIB system like Harmon Kardon sells.

If you've got the budget I personally highly recommend a Definitive Technology Systems.

You should visit the SS HT Section "AUDIO" since you know your budget and how complex you want this to be better than we do and you'll likely find a wide variety of budget systems recommended there.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 /forum/post/18217058

I would agree if your on a low budget and keep it simple a sound bar with sub may do the trick or an inexpensive HTIB system like Harmon Kardon sells.

by harman kardon htib system, do you mean this HS300?

http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Pr...=0&tsT=0&ovT=1

the problem is that these are all 5.1 systems, and it's cumbersome to wire/install the rear speakers in a bedroom situation. That's why i mentioned that i'd prefer a 2.0, 2.1, or 3.0 or 3.1 set up. it's all in the front, simpler.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr /forum/post/18217326

Here is what is considered by many as the best entry level bang for the buck sound bar setups

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665361523

oops, i forgot to add in my original post that in addition to the Behringers that i tried, i also tried the Sony CT100 soundbar and hated it. It contains 3 oval full range speakers in the soundbar and sounds extremely veiled (muffled), with seemingly no highs.

any speakers need to probably be a minimum of a "2-way" affair, where there is a tweeter and a midrange, with one single subwoofer handling the

1 - 6 of 6 Posts