AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at the cusp of placing an order for the Sony 46EX500. As such, I'm wondering what my risks are for being basically the first one to buy such a brand spanking new model?

I fully understand that this is essentially a relabeling of sorts of their 46V5100 line, so they must have retained much and added a few items. In this sense, the risks are more limited. Additionally, this is hardly a new area for Sony and it falls squarely in the middle of their line up of LCD tv's, neither the absolute bottom end nor the upper end - I guess they call this the "value series".

I'm ready to place the order today and have the delivery possibly tomorrow. A bit concerned about possible risks of being the "first".

Thanks in advance for your anticipated advice.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eieio /forum/post/18153374

I'm at the cusp of placing an order for the Sony 46EX500. As such, I'm wondering what my risks are for being basically the first one to buy such a brand spanking new model?

I fully understand that this is essentially a relabeling of sorts of their 46V5100 line, so they must have retained much and added a few items. In this sense, the risks are more limited. Additionally, this is hardly a new area for Sony and it falls squarely in the middle of their line up of LCD tv's, neither the absolute bottom end nor the upper end - I guess they call this the "value series".

I'm ready to place the order today and have the delivery possibly tomorrow. A bit concerned about possible risks of being the "first".

Thanks in advance for your anticipated advice.

Buy it with return rights and of course keep in mind often Sony doesn't discount much during the initial 30 days they are in the distribution channel unless you have a reseller already discounting.

Of course if your thinking it's mirroring a V5100 then make sure you like the existing model. I'm not a fan being an owner of a Z5100 though as it comes with BE3 and is a ten/ten panel worthy of the extra money IMO. I suggest you audtion before buying though so that it's PQ makes you take your wallet or plastic out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.