AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hehe, no, and I think this might be the 200th time it has been asked on this forum :) I just got mine, I guess I could scan it all in and then upload it, but that would be assuming I wasnt watching every movie in my collection again with my new receiver :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Denon 3803 was pretty much the only other one I was considering it against. I wanted at least 100 watts per channel, 7.1 possibility, dual room capable, and one that will fit me good for a while down the road. I liked both receivers but leaned towars the Sony for....

1)Price, it was cheaper than the Denon for a lot of the specs I wanted

2)Quality, I am familiar with Sony products and while they arent the best out there, they always gave me the bang for the buck that I wanted.

3)Sony points, I get extra bonus points for every dollar I spend on Sony stuff through citibank.

4)Recommendations, actually this was number 1 or 2...but there are quite a few people here(much more audiophile than I am) that layed it down to me and told me how great it is(thanks Rex :))

5)Looks, this wasnt a heavy factor in my decision. But I like the fold down front panel on the DA-4ES and a few of the other options on it.

Overall, I havent had it very long to fully play with it(nor do I have my full 7.1 setup in yet), but all in all, it did more than I expected and I am very happy.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Great to hear another 4ES owner who is very happy with his unit.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yep, I love mine, too. I am surprised, though, that I could find online manuals for my Sony KV-40XBR800 TV, but not the STR-DA4ES receiver. I was able to find someones scanned STR-DA5ES manual using Google, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.