AVS Forum banner

441 - 445 of 445 Posts

·
** Man of Leisure **
24,598 Posts
AustinJerry,

I bought a reconditioned one today. I'm not happy that the newer units are only 1TB when the original X1 had 2TB for the same price, but I do have a 4TB external USB 3.0 hard drive that I meant to use to backup my computer but I don't need anything near that size. I do have a really stupid question for you. One lister has a picture with a "flap" down. Is that just for access to a USB port? One person swore this unit is also a Blu-Ray Player. Me, I don't know anything about this. I haven't even unboxed my TV yet! I got a new receiver as well and now with the bigger TV, I had to get a different style type of A/V furniture to hold my components and get rid of the other half of them that I don't need. Here is a link to exactly what I bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/301676838827?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm probably going to need your help so I appriciate steering me away from the X1. Because yes I want to stream from Netflix. I thought I could do that through an app on my 4K TV on it's own. I think it's misleading that they tell you that you can get 4K movies and only AFTER you buy the TV do they tell you that need a $699 add on just to watch 4K stuff. If the 4K TV can't do it, they should be giving the boxes away for free. And I hear that a lot of the time, Best Buy does give the media box away for free.

I bought a 70" new model and wasn't offered one, but I bought the last one they had at HH Gregg and I got it for $1500. So, paying $205 for the media player isn't terrible I guess.
Now that you have an X10, you should continue your discussions in the X10 thread. Behind the drop-down front door are three things only: an On/Off button, a reset button, and the front panel USB port (how to use it is described in the manual). It obviously is not a Blu-ray player. I would not be concerned about the smaller internal drive. If you need more capacity, plug in an external drive.

·
Registered
583 Posts
AustinJerry,

Thank you once again. I didn't even know there was an X10 thread! I will look for it and join up in there! I know it only has 1TB but since I have a 4TB drive sitting around here collecting dust, now I have a purpose for the drive. I know this unit is reconditioned but it has been done by Sony and I have had good luck with Sony reconditioned items in the past. I am crossing my fingers that everything is okay, but it sure beats spending $699+TAX. Well thanks again, see you on the other thread!

Ted

·
** Man of Leisure **
24,598 Posts
AustinJerry,

Thank you once again. I didn't even know there was an X10 thread! I will look for it and join up in there! I know it only has 1TB but since I have a 4TB drive sitting around here collecting dust, now I have a purpose for the drive. I know this unit is reconditioned but it has been done by Sony and I have had good luck with Sony reconditioned items in the past. I am crossing my fingers that everything is okay, but it sure beats spending $699+TAX. Well thanks again, see you on the other thread!

Ted
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...aming/1604809-sony-fmp-x10-owners-thread.html

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
My X1 has been shutting down every day for a few weeks. I turn it on, it stays on while I'm looking at it, then the next day it's off again.

What's it trying to tell me?

441 - 445 of 445 Posts