AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this info is probably on this site somewhere but I have searched for over an hour and haven't found exactly what Im looking for.

At the moment Im just trying to hook up my PC to my new Sony SXRD through the VGA port since I dont have a DVI -> HDMI cable on hand. I plug in the PC to the TV and nothing happens, that is where my quest has ended.

I searched through the manual and it doesn't appear to have any info on the details of hooking a PC up, unless I am missing something. Does my PC need to be a certain resolution (1280x1024?) before I plug it in? I search through all the video modes and my PC is no where to be seen on any of them.

If someone could point me in the right direction of where to find this information or knows what I'm doing wrong, it would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok this is where I'm at still, I plug in the TV (this time with my DVI monitor plugged in at the same time) and I restart the computer. Windows then shows 2 new Default Monitors and a Plug n Play monitor under Monitors in device manager. I am at a resolution of 1280x1024 which is supposed to work fine. I turn on the TV, scan through all the video modes, and get nothing.

My video card is a BFG 6800oc.

Any thoughts on what I should do next?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Ignore the vga port on the tv (I own the 60" SXRD) as it is almost completely useless. Even if you get it working you will still have a large black border around the entire image. Sony built it this way and there is no way to get around it.

I'm running 1080p (1840x1016 @ 60hz) with my ATI card and the picture looks great-although I've still got a couple of tweaks to make it perfect. 1080i was a snap as my card dectected it as soon as I plugged it in. You might check the big SXRD threads here (2 come to mind) and search on "Powerstrip" - there are several Nvidia entries and the settings are almost spot on that I found.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.