AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded the firmware with the s series upgrade from sony's website. Since then I've noticed the color fluctuating. Let's say there is a talking head with a red curtain behind them..you can see the saturation of the red "bobbing" back and forth from more and less saturated. It's really annoying, and I don't think I noticed until after the firmware upgrade, so that's what I am suspecting it is. All settings are set to "off", such as contrast enhancement, live color, eco mode, auto brightness, etc. I know it's not coming from the dish receiver, because I try to "catch" it in the act with pause, but it doesn't hold the level of color that I pause on, so I highly suspect the tv doing some sort of weird processing. I also notice it with my xbox 360. I've tried different hdmi inputs, so I know it's not that either. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Maybe it's the auto dim function? Go into the Setup menu and look for Light Sensor (I think), turn it off or diasble this feature. Let us know if this works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts