AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so sick....

Turned on the 13 month old LCD to watch football and I have about a 3/4" long, thin green line right in the middle of my screen. sometimes it is pink, depending on what is on the screen....but it is always there now, except when I turn off the TV of course.

I am out of my year warranty of course..

My screen was perfect until now? Any idea what this is? I thought dead pixels were black? Is it a stuck pixel...am I screwed. Is my $3K LCD ruined forever.

Oh my god...I am so sick

any help please?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Call Sony and get it fixed ASAP. I think that is a delamination issue with the panel that was discussed quite a bit on this forum. If I remember correctly, it only affects the 52 incher, and Sony was covering them. Maybe some other members with a more knowledgeable base can chime in.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well looks like I am screwed...this is exactly my problem...below is a hyperlink that shows Sony admits there is a issue with 2007 XBR4's.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/new...&mdl=KDL52XBR4

However...the deadline to repair was Dec 31st 2008, and since I do not watch this TV very much, this is why it took a bit longer to show itself.

I've benn on the phone with Sony for the last 30 minutes and they basically said too bad.

$3500 for a state of the art TV that has known problem and they will not stand behind it.

Of course I will write letters, escalate, everything I can do...but it looks like I am out $3500...and since I really can't afford to replace...looks like the few days I relish watching movies are gone :-(

·
Registered
41 Posts
It seems you are in luck. The link provided clearly states that the Dec 31. deadine was for customers that paid out of pocket to get reimbursed for their expenses. For all other the warranty was extended to 18 months from purchase. It sounds to me like you fall in the latter example.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well...that is how rattled I was...so as soon as I saw this post...I called back Sony and mentioned the 18 months (funny they did not mention when I was crying on the phone nicely to them) time frame.

Now they claim this "should" be covered as long as it is not something else...which I can't belive it is.

So hopefully I am will be taken care of...man, I can't take it.

Anyways...thanks again to all who read and posted advice. I will make sure and update this post upon repair.

Thanks to all!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragHD /forum/post/15434748

It seems you are in luck. The link provided clearly states that the Dec 31. deadine was for customers that paid out of pocket to get reimbursed for their expenses. For all other the warranty was extended to 18 months from purchase. It sounds to me like you fall in the latter example.

FragHD, thanks for deciphering the Sony bulletin (really). After too fast posted it, i went to read it to try to help, but misunderstood the 18 months part.
I even called Sony to ask about that part. The lady (your right, she told me wrong), I spoke to tolde me what I was originally was thinking. Which was incorrect. Thanks.

toofast68, sorry to hear bout your problem.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really had to tell Sony about the defect...both times I spoke to one of their agents they denied there was a problem, until I gave them the exact link from their own website.

So hopefully when the service company comes out next week they will cover it...

If anyone else has this problem...make sure and get it resolved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.