AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Sony Bravia 55ex620 at walmart, it came without the box and was marked down. I'm not sure if it's just my settings but the picture seems dull. Would updating the firmware help? I have the backlight all the way up. In comparison to my macbook screen for instance, it's very dark. I also have a Samsung plasma TV that's got a considerably better picture. Is there something that could have happened to the TV to make it that way? I still have the 90 days to return it if I have to, I just wanted to see if there was a solution first.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8,056 Posts
My Sony is pro-calibrated for a dark room, Backlight is set to 1 or 2, in a bright room 4/5 should be enough. Power Saving and Black Corrector will darken the picture, those should be set to OFF anyway. If picture is still to dark there might be something wrong.

Most folks discribe Plasma or a pro-calibrated TV as being dull so a dull LCd sounds a bit weird

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually figured out the problem, i had an eenergy saving setting enabled still. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts