AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some reading on the optical block issues but I have not come across any symptoms like mine (see attached) This was noticed after the set had not been used for approx 3 months. The blue dots are only on the left side of the screen. Optical block or other cause?

Attachment 192710
Attachment 192711
Attachment 192712

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes it looks like an optical block problem. The blue lcd panel is going. I have a 60xs955 and have been lucky so far. I also have a mitsubishi wd-62527 that looks just like your pictures but it also has yellowing. There is a place online that rebuilds the blocks. They quoted me around $265 + shipping for my mitsubishi but I haven't decided if I'm going to do it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of a person on this forum that rebuilds them. I am not sure who it is yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swantzilla /forum/post/19565510

I have been doing some reading on the optical block issues but I have not come across any symptoms like mine (see attached) This was noticed after the set had not been used for approx 3 months. The blue dots are only on the left side of the screen. Optical block or other cause?

Attachment 192710
Attachment 192711
Attachment 192712

Just to let you know.

If you're on Facebook, there is a group called "I Have A Defective Sony TV" offering plenty of good advice for fellow consumers who've been experiencing problems.

I cannot post url's yet, but look for the group if you're a FB member.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiesorority /forum/post/19595827

Just to let you know.

If you're on Facebook, there is a group called "I Have A Defective Sony TV" offering plenty of good advice for fellow consumers who've been experiencing problems.

I cannot post url's yet, but look for the group if you're a FB member.

Thanks I have visited that FB site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts