AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am looking to purchase one of these TV's but sadly there is no Circuit City here (Canada) and most other stores do not carry the XBR. So on that point i wanted to know if anybody has seen these 2 TV's side by side or been able to compair them both? How well do they handle SDTV? Greyscale? Blacks?

Anyone?

·
Registered
75” Z8H, 77” A9G
204 Posts
We have seen both side by side and initially we were impressed with the Hitachi when it first rolled out. We have been real fans of the XBR950 series when they came out last year and have been waiting for all the new models to come out to compare. The Hitachi and Mitsubishi were the only ones that were considering up to last month that we felt competed with the XBR's.

The Hitachi in our eyes (after you get past the fantastic case design and look) was not as sharp and had more noticeable SDE. Also the Sony tuner AFAIK is still the best or one of the best to handle SD. We also have seen a calibrated XBR and the blacks were much in line with the DLP's we have seen. I am sure the Hitachi's that we have seen in the store were not calibrated so we cannot give you a far assesment on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.