AVS Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2521 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problems. Started after the update that came end of 2017. Contacted Sony help center a few times. Only advice they gave me was resetting and power cycle. I tried everything already, nothing helps and I just gave up a few months ago....If it happens I quickly go through the set up. I used to change my distance settings. But every time you have to set it again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my soundbar for over 2 years and it's working better than ever with the exception of one recurring issue--every few weeks (sometimes every few days) when I turn it on I get a "perform easy setup?" notification and I have to go through the initial setup all over again, which includes reconnecting to wifi. I have no idea why my unit keeps resetting itself like this. Anyone else have this issue?
have the same problems. Started after the update that came end of 2017. Contacted Sony help center a few times. Only advice they gave me was resetting and power cycle. I tried everything already, nothing helps and I just gave up a few months ago....If it happens I quickly go through the set up. I used to change my distance settings. But every time you have to set it again.
With the new android tv update, if I shut down the tv the soundbar goes to muting before turning off.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Are there signs that Sony will release a new model anytime soon?
Not idea. People were surprised that there was no new Sony sound bar in CES-2020.

I did consider HT-Z9F since it is a newer model. I did some research on HT-Z9F and many reviewers preferred ST5000. I guess ST5000 is still the flagship model.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Finally got round to latest firmware last night. For some reason via internet just refused to work so had to update via USB. Does this resolve pops? I was getting those at some point

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, unfortunately I tore the grill cloth/net on the subwoofer... is there any way to have it repaired easily? Does anyone know if Sony can repair the grill cloth and how much it would cost?

edit: i tried looking online, is this the correct part number A-2178-609-A?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I performed the firmware upgrade last week and the subwoofer connection has been stable so far (via Secure Link).

I was checking the sound bar settings yesterday and I noticed that the HDMI Signal Format screen is now blank (System Settings -> HDMI Settings -> HDMI Signal Formal). I used to select the signal format here to HDMl and HDMI Enhanced for each HDMI connection. Now I see only only the title HDMI Signal Format on top and nothing else (it used to list all the HDMI ports). Do you guys experience this?

Other than this, all seems OK. The sound from TV was getting through to the sound bar properly.

My configuration:
Sony X950G
Sony St5000
Shield connected to TV HDM2
Cable-TV connected to TV HDMI4
TV connected to the soundbar via HDMI-3 (I use the HDMI cable which came with the ST5000)
Soundbar eARC enabled
Any suggestion? Anything I should try?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I stumbled upon a Netflix video (Tiger King) which streams in Dolby Atmos. Sure enough, the display of the sound bar shows “Dolby Atmos - Dolby Digital Plus 480Hz”. So, my setup is fine all along, there is just not too much Atmos materials in streaming.

Unfortunately, since Tiger King is a drama and does not have too much actions nor special effects, I did not feel the Atmos effects at all. Can you guys recommend some Netflix titles which have better Atmos audio?

Maybe I have to buy a 4K bluray player.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my soundbar for over 2 years and it's working better than ever with the exception of one recurring issue--every few weeks (sometimes every few days) when I turn it on I get a "perform easy setup?" notification and I have to go through the initial setup all over again, which includes reconnecting to wifi. I have no idea why my unit keeps resetting itself like this. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, I get prompted to `perform easy setup` often.

Super annoying since it breaks my Harmony Remote routine.

There's also a bunch of screens in settings that no longer work like "HDMI Signal Format" and "IR-Repeater"

1.5 years ago my HT-ST5000 ran auto update (even though I swear it was off) and managed to brick itself. The only fix is to package the huge thing up and send it in to be unbricked. (that's when all the above issues started, presumably from the firmware being updated)

If this this wasn't so expensive I'd absolutely throw it in the garbage.

Other than the Playstation. I'll never buy Sony again.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There's also a bunch of screens in settings that no longer work like "HDMI Signal Format" and "IR-Repeater".
Is this the screen where you can select “HDMI” or “HDMI Enhanced” for each HDMI port? Somehow this screen is all blank now.

Is there a fix for this?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yep, that's the one.
I'm not aware of a fix.
Thanks for confirming. Do you know if this issue started when we updated the software?

BTW. What is the difference between “HDMI” and “HDMI Enhanced”? Now that this screen disappears, what are we loosing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for confirming. Do you know if this issue started when we updated the software?

BTW. What is the difference between “HDMI” and “HDMI Enhanced”? Now that this screen disappears, what are we loosing?
Mine has been like that since I got it back from Sony's repair center after it bricked itself.

They had loaded the most recent firmware at the time, so I assume it's due to that.

I installed `M40.R.0445` yesterday so I'm guessing it's been broken for at least the last 2 versions.

I'll be shocked if Sony actually fixes it. The team that wrote the software for this product just doesn't seem very competent. You shouldn't have to send in a giant soundbar to unbrick it. It should look to see if there is a USB drive inserted on boot and try fix itself.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'll be shocked if Sony actually fixes it. The team that wrote the software for this product just doesn't seem very competent. You shouldn't have to send in a giant soundbar to unbrick it. It should look to see if there is a USB drive inserted on boot and try fix itself.
Agreed. Just like the old days of MS-DOS, it would check if there was a floppy before booting into the he hard drive. LOL.

My sound bar is still under warranty. I will open a ticket to Sony.

Does anyone know what does this “HDMI + Enhanced” mean?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just search the term "Atmos" within Netflix and every available Atmos show will be listed.
Thanks. I am looking for Netflix which have good ATMOS experiences. For examples, I tried Tiger King and there was no much scenes where I could experience ATMOS.

Too bad “Angle has Fallen” is not ATMOS. Gun shots, bombs, car chases, helicopters are great for ATMOS effects.

BTW. Is there any ATMOS videos in Amazon Prime (Canada)?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I am having a hard time getting my ST5000 to work correct. For about 2 years I had it hooked up to an A1E. Now I am hooking it up to my A9G. Everything is hooked up as it should be but I cannot get the HOME menu to display to change any settings. The ST5000 is plugged in with it’s HDMI OUT to the eARC HDMI 3 on the A9G.

If I use the soundbar remote I can hear audio just fine if I select TV. If I press HOME the TV switches to HDMI3 but I cannot see the home menu. It just says no signal. ST5000 is still ON. Going back to my Cable Box input on the A9G and the automatically switches to TV on the ST5000 and sound And video works just fine. But I cannot get the HOME menu to change any settings. I have the latest firmware installed (did that before unhooking from the A1E.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions? This is a head scratcher!

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Router interference

I’m considering getting a 3 pack Eero Pro and I know there has been previous discussion of interference with the ST-5000 subwoofer with crackling and popping noise. Can anyone with an Eero Pro confirm that the most recent firmware update has fixed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2461 - 2480 of 2521 Posts