AVS Forum banner

2481 - 2500 of 2520 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Router interference

I’m considering getting a 3 pack Eero Pro and I know there has been previous discussion of interference with the ST-5000 subwoofer with crackling and popping noise. Can anyone with an Eero Pro confirm that the most recent firmware update has fixed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have Eero Pro with the latest firmware and have no issues. But I had no issues with previous firmware either.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Router interference

I’m considering getting a 3 pack Eero Pro and I know there has been previous discussion of interference with the ST-5000 subwoofer with crackling and popping noise. Can anyone with an Eero Pro confirm that the most recent firmware update has fixed this?

Never had issues

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am having a hard time getting my ST5000 to work correct. For about 2 years I had it hooked up to an A1E. Now I am hooking it up to my A9G. Everything is hooked up as it should be but I cannot get the HOME menu to display to change any settings. The ST5000 is plugged in with it’s HDMI OUT to the eARC HDMI 3 on the A9G.

If I use the soundbar remote I can hear audio just fine if I select TV. If I press HOME the TV switches to HDMI3 but I cannot see the home menu. It just says no signal. ST5000 is still ON. Going back to my Cable Box input on the A9G and the automatically switches to TV on the ST5000 and sound And video works just fine. But I cannot get the HOME menu to change any settings. I have the latest firmware installed (did that before unhooking from the A1E.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions? This is a head scratcher!

Thanks

Check all your cables

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thanks. I am looking for Netflix which have good ATMOS experiences. For examples, I tried Tiger King and there was no much scenes where I could experience ATMOS.

Too bad “Angle has Fallen” is not ATMOS. Gun shots, bombs, car chases, helicopters are great for ATMOS effects.

BTW. Is there any ATMOS videos in Amazon Prime (Canada)?

Should be

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have Eero Pro with the latest firmware and have no issues. But I had no issues with previous firmware either.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I was referring to the latest firmware on the ST-5000 that supposedly addressed this issue. Either way, if it’s not causing you any issues I can’t imagine it not working for me. Did you have to set the sub wireless link to any different channels or just auto?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Sorry I should have been more clear. I was referring to the latest firmware on the ST-5000 that supposedly addressed this issue. Either way, if it’s not causing you any issues I can’t imagine it not working for me. Did you have to set the sub wireless link to any different channels or just auto?

No changes with the sub. Both worked fine before and after each had firmware updates. Though the eeros get updates way more frequently!!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Most HT-ST5000 uses default audio settings with the SOUNDBAR?
Currently use Autosound setting on remote, DSEE off, Sound Mode On

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
This week is a pain. First, something started to muffle with the sound (explained under KD61A1 owner's thread), few days later (yesterday), after finally called the Sony rep. - who recommended to factory reset all devices, I can't get the soundbar to work properly again. A1 can't detect it from the Sound menu however if I play something from ATV4k, soundbar is working (with the lip-sync issue).

There's something else I did notice though; so far, the device menu (input devices) did show correct device identifications (e.g. AppleTV, Playstation, etc.). Now, it just shows "playback_1", "playback_2", "playback_3"...
I tried everything possible and even unpossible combinations, checked cables, replaced cables, no luck. I have a feeling that more I dig, the worst is comming out. I have all units under factory warranty.

I am waiting for a call back from Sony rep. to see what's their recommendation. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the chromecast functionality working for other people? It disappeared from my casting targets a couple months ago, looking at the firmware version I seem to have to latest, but it won't appear as a target regardless of wifi/soudbar restarts.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi! I am looking to pick this soundbar (either this or the Q90r soundbar). I am wondering what are real user impressions of the soundbar, how well does this work with a Sony 4k TV set, whether people enjoy it or not. I'm aware that rear speakers are not available with this set. Just hopefully will get people's feedback. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
My opinion is that this is one of the best soundbars available. IF I count out few issues I've been having lately, sound is gorgeous, sub is powerful and despite living in a house (no neighbours) I have never ever volumed it more than 50%. It so strong. Interesting though, no successor of this model yet...

·
Registered
552 Posts
My opinion is that this is one of the best soundbars available. IF I count out few issues I've been having lately, sound is gorgeous, sub is powerful and despite living in a house (no neighbours) I have never ever volumed it more than 50%. It so strong. Interesting though, no successor of this model yet...
Thank you so much! I will admit at first I was a bit leery of the fact that there were no rear speakers for surround sound, but the fact that this soundbar hasn't had a successor yet after a couple of years speaks for itself..... especially with eARC capabilities before it was even a thing to look out for and eventually need. And great to know that the sound is on point! Looking forward to picking this up soon.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I had 5.1 surround years ago when soundbars weren't even close to what offer today. But when ATMOS kicks in and sound gets "somehow" filled all around you. I must addmit that I don't miss anything at all. This soundbar will get your room filled with the sound - no worries there!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had 5.1 surround years ago when soundbars weren't even close to what offer today. But when ATMOS kicks in and sound gets "somehow" filled all around you. I must addmit that I don't miss anything at all. This soundbar will get your room filled with the sound - no worries there!
Very true. It's definitely has bass and LFE covered. Haven't really tried it with average listening volume.... but it definitely kicks in with Atmos/DTS:X. A very full sound. Liking it so far.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Having trouble with the subwoofer randomly turning off lately. Any ideas? It’s one thing to drop/cut out but turning off has me a bit worried. I did buy the Best Buy extended warranty at the time of purchase over a year ago.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Is Sony ever going to get a new flagship soundbar with rear surrounds?

This bar has now been out for, what, 4 years?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Having trouble with the subwoofer randomly turning off lately. Any ideas? It’s one thing to drop/cut out but turning off has me a bit worried. I did buy the Best Buy extended warranty at the time of purchase over a year ago.
Im having this same issue!

2481 - 2500 of 2520 Posts