AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2655 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is easily fixed. Upgrade time!

I think it is a lot but it is new. Perhaps we will see new devices drop costs. I wish I knew if this would work in my room.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Well, the TV is still pretty new. Vizio P55 from last year. The only upgrade would be in size, but it's already too big for how close I sit, so that wouldn't add much. But, the old soundbar is feeling a little light on features these days and I want my next upgrade to be fairly future-proof. Might as well buy the best.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was at a Best Buy yesterday, a Sony rep happened to be in the HT department and we got to talking about the upcoming HT5000.

He claims it will blow away the Samsung because it will be DTS and DTS-X compatable.

And I don't know if I believe this or not, but he claimed that optional wireless Atmos-enabled surround speakers will be available with this system about a month after the bar is released.

I can only hope.:p

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've read that it was going to be DTS and DTS-X compatible (with firmware update) but it's good to hear that coming from a rep...still not official in my mind though until I see the specs. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
UHD Addict
37,999 Posts
I highly doubt the satalite speakers. If true, I may be sold.

But will it be like the HT-NT5 where it seems like the satellite speakers was an afterthought add on? Where there is no way to change the sound field when the speakers are paired to the system.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was at a Best Buy yesterday, a Sony rep happened to be in the HT department and we got to talking about the upcoming HT5000.

He claims it will blow away the Samsung because it will be DTS and DTS-X compatable.

And I don't know if I believe this or not, but he claimed that optional wireless Atmos-enabled surround speakers will be available with this system about a month after the bar is released.

I can only hope.:p

Forgot to ask. Did the rep hint at a release date or was he acting all secret squirrel-ish? B&H says they might have it in stock by end of May but I'm curious if it's being released earlier so it can be possibly snagged elsewhere...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Forgot to ask. Did the rep hint at a release date or was he acting all secret squirrel-ish? B&H says they might have it in stock by end of May but I'm curious if it's being released earlier so it can be possibly snagged elsewhere...
No hints at a release date, I don't think I even asked.

·
UHD Addict
37,999 Posts
If it's like the new Sony UHD BD player, BestBuy might be getting it a month before anyone else.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
With the new Denon heos coming out and this, is the annual schedule for Soundbars more or less second quarter?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just came back from Best Buy to return the Samsung K950. (I had no clue it didn't support DTS - my mistake.)

If the ST-5000 supports DTS-MA, DTS:X and Atmos along with 3 HDMI ports (as oppose to just 2 like most other soundbars in this price range), I mean geez... this just ticks all the right boxes.

If they release wireless satellite rears after launch, that's just icing on the cake.

Come on Sony! Make our dreams come true!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Just came back from Best Buy to return the Samsung K950. (I had no clue it didn't support DTS - my mistake.)

If the ST-5000 supports DTS-MA, DTS:X and Atmos along with 3 HDMI ports (as oppose to just 2 like most other soundbars in this price range), I mean geez... this just ticks all the right boxes.

If they release wireless satellite rears after launch, that's just icing on the cake.

Come on Sony! Make our dreams come true!
Fingers crossed it will in fact support dts:X in the future. As with many soundbars tho sound quality could depend a lot on your room layout. The calibration feature sounds very promising though.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I missed that part... are you saying it comes with room correction? Or are you referring to its ability to adjust based on how high your ceiling is?
I think it does both...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bad news guys i don't think it will support dts or DTS x at all. http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/HT-ST5000 , download the manual and see for yourself.

It will happen with an update later in the year. Sony reps have stated this in a few blogs/articles here and there. Not definitive but clearly a major issue if they don't, especially when all their AVR's to date have supported DTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
This certainly got a lot of rave reviews at CES...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bad news guys i don't think it will support dts or DTS x at all. http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/HT-ST5000 , download the manual and see for yourself.
I sincerely hope that's not the case. At this price point I really don't see why they wouldn't support DTS:X. At the very least I would think they would support DTS:MA

I've redesigned my whole set up around this sound bar. I'm going to be pretty bummed if there's no DTS support at all.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 2655 Posts