AVS Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 2520 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
FYI, I turned on my Xbox One S tonight and was able to turn on Bitstream/Atmos without issue. Dolby Acccess worked perfectly. Go figure...

Still, the gaming a/v sync issues over bitstream are too annoying to leave it that way. I leave it in 7.1 uncompressed.
So I got it working. I just removed all the cables, unplugged the sound bar. Waited a few minutes then connected everything again and it worked. No idea why but it works now. Thanks for all the help and inputs.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I just pick up an open box from BB for a very decent price . I just wonder why was the unit returned to BB at first place?... love the sound but the sub anything past three clicks is way too muddy for my taste. Now I need a cheap 4k DVD player , any recommendation?...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I updated my ST5000 with the latest update. I have the Sony A1E and the X800 4K Player. When I play a 4K disc, why does the display button on the 4K play just show Dolby Digital 7.1 instead of Dolby Atmos when I even select it from the Blu Ray menu?

Yes I have the X800 connected through the ST5000 sound bar. It's just weird having no sort of confirmation that Dolby Atmos is working when I play a 4K disc.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I updated my ST5000 with the latest update. I have the Sony A1E and the X800 4K Player. When I play a 4K disc, why does the display button on the 4K play just show Dolby Digital 7.1 instead of Dolby Atmos when I even select it from the Blu Ray menu?

Yes I have the X800 connected through the ST5000 sound bar. It's just weird having no sort of confirmation that Dolby Atmos is working when I play a 4K disc.
Are you sure the disc you’re playing actually has an Atmos track? I also have the X800 and the soundbar’s Display screen always shows Atmos when I’m playing an Atmos disc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
WilliamG and anyone else with a LG TV,

Did you get a chance to test IR repeater function of this soundbar ? My LG E7's IR sensor will definitely be blocked by this soundbar. I would like to know if I will have to get some wooden plank to lift up E7 or IR repeater is good enough to pass signal through to the TV.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
WilliamG and anyone else with a LG TV,

Did you get a chance to test IR repeater function of this soundbar ? My LG E7's IR sensor will definitely be blocked by this soundbar. I would like to know if I will have to get some wooden plank to lift up E7 or IR repeater is good enough to pass signal through to the TV.
I haven’t tested this function. I have a C7, and place my Harmony Elite’s IR repeater/blaster in between the soundbar and TV on the console they both sit on. The blaster has no issue sending the signal to the soundbar and TV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for my bad english.
I have a sony 65A1 oled tv and i would like to add the HT-ST5000 soundbar to eliminate meters of cables of my previous home theatre system.
My question is related to the remote control and comes directly from my wife that hates to turn the system on using two or three different remote controllers.
Is it possible to power on tv and soundbar at the same time with tv remot control pushing the power on button only one time? and is it possible to control the sound bar volume with the same remote ?
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Atmos display?

I just got the htst5000 2 days ago to with a 65” Sony 930e and Sony blue ray player. I think I have all the settIngs right and it sounds great but is I suppose to display ATMOS on the display of the soundbar when it’s using Atmos?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got the htst5000 2 days ago to with a 65” Sony 930e and Sony blue ray player. I think I have all the settIngs right and it sounds great but is I suppose to display ATMOS on the display of the soundbar when it’s using Atmos?
You get no Audio display if your HDMI is set to Enhanced on the Soundbar.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That's not true. I have mine set to Enhanced and the only time I get the OSD display if my PC drops to a 24fps mode. As my MadVR forces it; when i watch a move. However you won't get the OSD for sure in HDR mode.

I am not sure about RGB 8bit 60hz/fps.... I will have to try. ( i never needed to look at the OSD in RGB mode)

·
Registered
160 Posts

It’s not ALL enhanced modes. Depends on other factors, like the Chroma setting, etc. The chart in the back of the manual denotes when the display button will function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need to stop the soundbar from passing sound to the TV. Playing from my hdmi connected laptop i get atmos, dts-hd and whatnot. BUT as soon as i turn on my TV (connected via ARC) , the sound gets processed by the TV and returned as Stereo to the soundbar. I can watch the change happening in Windows sound settings.

Any help please ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I need to stop the soundbar from passing sound to the TV. Playing from my hdmi connected laptop i get atmos, dts-hd and whatnot. BUT as soon as i turn on my TV (connected via ARC) , the sound gets processed by the TV and returned as Stereo to the soundbar. I can watch the change happening in Windows sound settings.

Any help please ?
Under Audio settings > Audio Output > change to Speaker. Speaker and HDMI uses the TV to determine the output.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased a 940e and the ST5000. I have it connected via ARC with a free sony UHD bluray player from best buy connected to the soundbar. Does anyone know if it is possible to get atmos sound from the built in android apps on the phone. From what I read it says atmos will not work via the ARC port. Is this correct? Is there a better way around this?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
A very dumb question . Somehow there's no OSD show up on my TV when I turn the volume . How to I turn it on ?..

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hi, you can change this under Screen settings -> Video direct. Set it to "Off" if you want OSD to show on screen. (page 54 in US-manual)
RTFM thanks I got it ;)

1001 - 1020 of 2520 Posts