AVS Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 2520 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone else have trouble with the input switching going crazy when it turns on from stand by with an Apple TV? I currently have this setup: LG TV (65UB9500, Input 1) HTST5000 (HDMI 1) Apple TV 4k. When I turn on the Apple TV, the soundbar and TV turn on, soundbar switches to HDMI 1 as expected (with no signal detected yet on the TV), soundbar switches to "TV" input with ATV picture showing, if I hit the menu button on the Apple TV remote again the soundbar switches back to HDMI 1 with proper picture and sound, then the soundbar switches to the "HOME" menu. Basically I have to keep hitting the Menu button on the Apple TV remote for 15-20 seconds while the soundbar switches back and forth between inputs before setting itself to "HOME", and then ~25% of the time the Apple TV loses the ability to control the soundbar volume until I restart the Apple TV. Simplink is enabled on the TV, "Control receivers" is enabled on the Apple TV and Control for HDMI is enabled on the sound bar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same "problem"

I updated my ST5000 with the latest update. I have the Sony A1E and the X800 4K Player. When I play a 4K disc, why does the display button on the 4K play just show Dolby Digital 7.1 instead of Dolby Atmos when I even select it from the Blu Ray menu?

Yes I have the X800 connected through the ST5000 sound bar. It's just weird having no sort of confirmation that Dolby Atmos is working when I play a 4K disc.
I've also got the Sony A1E, X800 4K player and the ST5000 soundbar. The display on the soundbar always just show HDMI1 when playing blu-rays, no matter what kind of sound it plays. Why is that?

Also, I tried downloading the new update both Saturday and Sunday, but I never got past 0% before it ended. Error message told me to try USB or try downloading again. I'll try the USB today. Strange, though. I had no problems downloading updates when I bought the system about a month ago.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I've also got the Sony A1E, X800 4K player and the ST5000 soundbar. The display on the soundbar always just show HDMI1 when playing blu-rays, no matter what kind of sound it plays. Why is that?

Also, I tried downloading the new update both Saturday and Sunday, but I never got past 0% before it ended. Error message told me to try USB or try downloading again. I'll try the USB today. Strange, though. I had no problems downloading updates when I bought the system about a month ago.
I'm confused. There were no updates to the system prior to this Dolby Vison/DTS update..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just seen that this Sony got a big update to support Dolby Vision and DTS:X which makes it very interesting for me (been waiting for a decent soundbar to get DV passthru), has anyone tested this on the various inputs to confirm it works ok?

Also interested to see if anyone has tried DTS:X on this yet to see how it sounds?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just purchased a 940e and the ST5000. I have it connected via ARC with a free sony UHD bluray player from best buy connected to the soundbar.
hey how did you swing a free sony uhd bluray player?

:wink:

·
Registered
793 Posts
This unit finally got the promised dtsX firmware update?????????????? :eek:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are you sure the disc you’re playing actually has an Atmos track? I also have the X800 and the soundbar’s Display screen always shows Atmos when I’m playing an Atmos disc.
Yes I'm sure. I put in movies like Passengers and Kong Skull Island but I can't see the Dolby Atmos displayed on the sound bar or the TV. The Blu-Ray menu lets me select Dolby Atmos but my hardware never displays that it is playing back.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes I'm sure. I put in movies like Passengers and Kong Skull Island but I can't see the Dolby Atmos displayed on the sound bar or the TV. The Blu-Ray menu lets me select Dolby Atmos but my hardware never displays that it is playing back.
In the X800 audio settings, make sure “BD Audio Mix Setting” is turned OFF.

Edit: I went back and re-read your original post. It’s normal for the player’s on-screen display to only show TrueHD 7.1 while playing an Atmos track. If you activate the on-screen display of the soundbar using the Display button on the remote, it should say Dolby Atmos.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So my 3rd Soundbar is back after it’s repair (main board replaced).

The repairer had also update the software.

It’s running really well, seems a lot smoother in terms of GUI performance before the fault. The unit also doesn’t get as hot, but is still pretty hot when running.

Hopefully this is the end of the issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So my 3rd Soundbar is back after it’s repair (main board replaced).

The repairer had also update the software.

It’s running really well, seems a lot smoother in terms of GUI performance before the fault. The unit also doesn’t get as hot, but is still pretty hot when running.

Hopefully this is the end of the issues.
*knocks on wood* or in your case, maybe punch it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
*knocks on wood* or in your case, maybe punch it.
More like find a forest and burn it down.

I really hope this lasts beyond 5 weeks. The repair centre was impressive in the end, once they got the part. It was returned the next day, just took Sony a couple weeks to send it over.

I would check the service menu to see if there’s any differences to the faulty one’s info (took photos before sent it off) but as there’s been a software update on this, not sure it’s of any interest.

Glad stuck with it (for now), the sound is remarkably clearer compared to my TV and it’s subwoofer (and it’s considered one of the better TVs for sound, but that’s not saying much..).

Hi-Res music is fantastic on this, and Blade Runner UHD was pretty damn immersive.

I have asked the retailer to really push Sony to ascertain what has gone wrong, wouldn’t want other customers to have these issues.

·
Registered
793 Posts
More like find a forest and burn it down.

I really hope this lasts beyond 5 weeks. The repair centre was impressive in the end, once they got the part. It was returned the next day, just took Sony a couple weeks to send it over.

I would check the service menu to see if there’s any differences to the faulty one’s info (took photos before sent it off) but as there’s been a software update on this, not sure it’s of any interest.

Glad stuck with it (for now), the sound is remarkably clearer compared to my TV and it’s subwoofer (and it’s considered one of the better TVs for sound, but that’s not saying much..).

Hi-Res music is fantastic on this, and Blade Runner UHD was pretty damn immersive.

I have asked the retailer to really push Sony to ascertain what has gone wrong, wouldn’t want other customers to have these issues.
...are there others here having the same issues?

·
Registered
413 Posts
here is a shot of the OSD of the HT-ST5000 while watching Guardian of the Galaxy 2 UHD/HDR that is showing ATMOS

How did you get that? I'm so jealous. I can't seem to get it to show up. I guess it's not possible for it to show up on the Sony X800 OSD. Just the ST5000 OSD but I don't get either one. I'll have to try it again.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Since I'm here, any suggestions on menu settings for the sound bar that give the best overall sound quality for the Atmos format?

·
Registered
160 Posts
How did you get that? I'm so jealous. I can't seem to get it to show up. I guess it's not possible for it to show up on the Sony X800 OSD. Just the ST5000 OSD but I don't get either one. I'll have to try it again.

FYI. He likely isn’t using enhanced HDMI and/or one of the formats described in the manual’s chart for the OSD to display Atmos. Turn off enhanced and/or don’t use a certain format and the OSD will show. Doing the opposite (Enhanced / 2160 4:2:2, etc.) and it won’t show. That’s the trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1021 - 1040 of 2520 Posts