AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Sony 7200DH and I am having a few problems with it with the PS3. Sometimes the colors are all flipped. Like whats supposed to be blue is red and other colors seem to be opposites. But if I say restart the 7200DH or the PS3 it goes back to normal. Or sometimes if I start GT5 Prologue the colors are all inverted like I said but when I quit to the main PS3 menu it goes back to normal and I can start GT5 Prologue up regularly. I am thinking it could be the HDMI cable but I am starting to doubt it is because it does the colors fine about 60percent of the time. This isn't like a HUGE issue since i can just restart / quit the game and it goes back to normal but it gets a bit annoying sometimes. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

(PS Its connected VIA HDMI to the receiver then HDMI from receiver to TV).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hummm ... hope to hear you get this figured out as I too thought the 7200DH would be Sony state-of-the-art and, for me, the best solution for great surround sound for the PS3. I haven't ordered one yet, but coming close.

Seems a lot of folks are quick to blame and change the HDMI cables, but that would be a expensive "hope it'll fix it" proposition. Have you tried swapping the cables you have or looked carefully at each connector end to make sure it's not damaged?

Wondering what else you have connected to the receiver? I plan to upgrade to a HD DVR with DirecTV and wonder if you use one?

The PS3 does a great job upscaling my regular old DVD's but I figure they would find a new home in the player that comes with the 7200 so games could stay in the PS3 until it's needed for a Blu-ray movie. Have you used the included player enough to evaluate it?

I keep looking for user reviews for the 7200DH, but guess because it's so new there's not many out there ... or those that have 'em are enjoying HD surround and not hanging out on the internet!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm sorry to hear you're experiencing that kin of nuissance with your system. thusfar... i've not had any kind of issues between my ps3 and 7200dh. i'm wondering whether it might have anything to do with your ps3 settings?

have you encountered similar issues between the dvd player and the receiver?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViddyFlyer /forum/post/14182062

Hummm ... hope to hear you get this figured out as I too thought the 7200DH would be Sony state-of-the-art and, for me, the best solution for great surround sound for the PS3. I haven't ordered one yet, but coming close.

Seems a lot of folks are quick to blame and change the HDMI cables, but that would be a expensive "hope it'll fix it" proposition. Have you tried swapping the cables you have or looked carefully at each connector end to make sure it's not damaged?

Wondering what else you have connected to the receiver? I plan to upgrade to a HD DVR with DirecTV and wonder if you use one?

The PS3 does a great job upscaling my regular old DVD's but I figure they would find a new home in the player that comes with the 7200 so games could stay in the PS3 until it's needed for a Blu-ray movie. Have you used the included player enough to evaluate it?

I keep looking for user reviews for the 7200DH, but guess because it's so new there's not many out there ... or those that have 'em are enjoying HD surround and not hanging out on the internet!

In the sense how the system does with surround and being a sound system I love it, its great for the money. What I have hooked up to it is a HD DVR and the PS3.

I have played around with the problem some more and it goes like this. I turn TV on, turn the sony 7200DH on, then turn ps3 on, it has GTA popped in so it usually starts the game and the colors all get messed up like red is blue and etc. I quit to the PS menu and they are still messed up. But if i just turn off the 7200DH and then turn it back on everything goes back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrUiTLoOp85 /forum/post/14182234

i'm sorry to hear you're experiencing that kin of nuissance with your system. thusfar... i've not had any kind of issues between my ps3 and 7200dh. i'm wondering whether it might have anything to do with your ps3 settings?

have you encountered similar issues between the dvd player and the receiver?

I am not sure if its my PS3 settings, I reset the PS3 settings when I connected the 7200DH by holding down the power button untill it beeps like 2-3 times and then it reset the settings to what its compatible with being plugged in. I have not hooked up the DVD player yet since the ps3 acts as one. What settings do you have your PS3 set to?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Maybe switching between hdmi devices will fix it too. Does it work better without the switcher? When I use '4:3 override to 480p' on my cable box, it messes things up a little.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had the 7200DH for a week and have been watching Blu-rays and been trying out a few rental games with the PS3 and have not experienced any problems with color shifts.

I posted a pre-REVIEW of the 7200DH as kind of a first impression and am still trying to get some of the technical stuff figured out ... which may take some time as I'm suffering mental anguish from old age or confusing, poorly written, manuals (for 7200 & included DVD player) or combination of both. I'll update my review post in a few days with examples of things I'm still confused over.

PS3 games I've tried so far are Grand Theft Auto IV (which I bought) and Motor Storm, Grid Racing, Call of Duty 3, and Assassin's Creed which I just got last night using Blockbuster's monthly game rental program. Graphic and sound quality has been good in all of them. Just wish I could drive and shoot better! Most of my gaming has been first person shooters on a PC. The PS3 controller is still awkward for me.

I rented "27 Dresses" Blu-ray last night and it sounded good thru the 7200DH, but don't recall it had much of an audio track to "test" theater surround sound. Tho as I started the movie I found I could not change to the different surround modes that I know are available playing regular DVDs through the included player. That puzzled me as I thought with other Blu-rays that was possible. I'll have to try another Blu-ray to see if that's happening.

While I do want to understand technical issues and know what all the remote buttons do I'm not letting that get in the way of enjoying a movie. Once I get good sound I forget the remote and get into the movie! I'm enjoying EVERYTHING playing thru the PS3 and 7200DH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts