AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 ohm KEF C80 speakers that I want to use. All of the Sony A/V receivers list 8 ohm as the requirement. I know that some receivers will overload if 4ohm speakers are attached. Will I have a problem with overloading the receiver if I use my 4 ohm speakers ?

The receivers that I am considering are:

STR-DE995

STR-DA2ES

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
My older sony de925 has a switch on the back so you can choose 4 or 8 ohms for your front speakers. Not sure about my new 995 though. I think it's only 8 - 16 ohms. Check the sony website, it may tell you.

Niko

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Do NOT consider the DE995 with 4 ohm speakers. The small power supply runs out of gas rather quickly. The heat sinks are not like the ES models which are a lot more substantial. The power transformer on the ES model is a lot beefier. When using the 995 on 4 ohm speakers, my unit would always trip the protection circuit on. Did not have that issue with the ES model.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a DA2ES and there is a switch on the back for 8-4 ohm speakers. I have no problems with my speakers....although there are no 4 ohm speakers connected, my 3 surrounds are 6 ohm..and I have no issues with lack or power...my neighbors will attest to that.

:)

PAtrick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.